• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Come on in my kitchen..

DoubleBoogie

Ahhh DB you bastard! Thanks for reminding me I haven't wet a line in a long time. 54 pound king? Beautiful! What river? My favorite BC river is...shhh! Don't tell anyone...the Kispiox.

The sauce I did up for the fish is very simple but because of the habanero, a bit over the top heat wise for most folks. I did however base it on another recipe which doesn't have as much of the triple rectifier burn.

In a sauce pan melt a table spoon of butter on low to medium heat. Add a teaspoon of minced garlic and double that of minced shallot. Stir and whir till shallots are clear. Add half a cup of Thai Sweet Chile Sauce and a cup and a half of cream. Simmer on low heat and reduce until you get the thickness you like or the sauce coats a spoon. Add sea or kosher salt to taste along with fresh cracked black pepper. This is a fantastic sauce for a variety of dishes. Add some ground cumin to it and serve with lamb kabobs...heaven on a stick!

Cheers, TB.

I caught mine in salt water just prior to them entering fresh water. They hang out there and fatten up prior to heading to their spawning grounds. The fish are much fresher tasting when caught in salt water and they fight a LOT harder. Here is a picture of mine. I cropped my ugly mug out of the shot! It was a tad over 48 inches in length with a girth of over 30 inches. I have a recreation mount of it in my den too.

I am going to try that souce tonight!

2195818BigSalmon1.jpg

Last edited:

Texas Blues

Hard to tell DB because of the light but looks like a hen from the angle of the shot. Yes? No? The eggs make killer caviar!

Cheers, TB.

DoubleBoogie

Hard to tell DB because of the light but looks like a hen from the angle of the shot. Yes? No? The eggs make killer caviar!

Cheers, TB.

I honestly don't remember. It took quite a while to come down off of the high of landing that monster. I caught a 40 lber the next day and also a 19 lb Coho on the same trip. The big King and the Coho were the two largest of their kind caught the entire 2007 season for the company I fished with..... and they have several lodges up and down the BC coast.

Texas Blues

Would that be one of the Waterfall lodges? Lots of lodges will be playing "lets make a deal" this season with the economy in the toilet. Might be a good year to go again.

Cheers, TB.

DoubleBoogie

I forgot to take pics of my salmon steaks TB, but the sauce kicks butt!! :salude

DoubleBoogie

So you did it with the Thai Chile sauce? Don't lie Clarice or I'll know...

Cheers, TB.

Yep...Found a bottle at our local Fresh Market. Cool flavor but in retrospect, it could have used a little more spice. I'm not a Habanero guy, but maybe some minced Jalapeno's added in with the shallots might have been just the ticket? I gotta try those Jalapeno poppers! Isn't it amazing how Jalapeno's can vary so much with regard to heat? I never go by volume when adding Jalapenos to a recipe. I always try the raw stuff first to see if I need to add or take away from the recipe. I like spicy, but I am not into pain. :spabout

Texas Blues

I grow my own pequin and habanero peppers but right now all I have are some dried pequins from last season. I needed to make some hot sauce this weekend and just so happens that I documented the destruction in the Blues Kitchen.

I gathered up some ingredients and took it downtown Texas style.
olive oil
garlic
shallot
carrot
crushed pineapple
fresh lime juice
about 30 habanero chile's
brown sugar
apple cider vinegar
h2o as needed
salt and pepper to taste

Gettin' down with the heat in the Blues Kitchen...

0216.jpg

When done I stuck the boat motor (immersion blender) in the pot and zipped it up and then into the bottles. This stuff is hot but doesn't rip your head off. Probably only about 10 times hotter than say..Tabasco. The pineapple and the hab flavor blend nicely and the vinegar gives it the twang. Whip some up and get it in 'ya.

0218.jpg

Cheers ya'll, TB.

DoubleBoogie

I grow my own pequin and habanero peppers but right now all I have are some dried pequins from last season. I needed to make some hot sauce this weekend and just so happens that I documented the destruction in the Blues Kitchen.

I gathered up some ingredients and took it downtown Texas style.
olive oil
garlic
shallot
carrot
crushed pineapple
fresh lime juice
about 30 habanero chile's
brown sugar
apple cider vinegar
h2o as needed
salt and pepper to taste

Gettin' down with the heat in the Blues Kitchen...

0216.jpg

When done I stuck the boat motor (immersion blender) in the pot and zipped it up and then into the bottles. This stuff is hot but doesn't rip your head off. Probably only about 10 times hotter than say..Tabasco. The pineapple and the hab flavor blend nicely and the vinegar gives it the twang. Whip some up and get it in 'ya.

0218.jpg

Cheers ya'll, TB.

Awesome stuff TB!!!! Boat motors are really cool too! :dude:

Texas Blues

DB..dude...we gotta' stop meeting like this. People are starting to talk!

Cheers, TB.

Texas Blues

Hey ya'll, sometime in the wee wee hours last night/morning in my drunken tequila influenced haze I managed to throw some chix thighs and various unguents and salves into the cast iron dutch oven. The result was pretty good but this morning surveying the damage done in the Blues Kitchen I reckon a 100 pounds of C4 detonated in the kitchen might result in a BDA (Bomb Damage Assesment) of $24.37 worth of damage. Mrs. Blues slept through the cacophony of pots clanging and glass breaking somehow. She is well aware though of my late night shenanigans.

The beginning of the end...

0230.jpg

I think this was chicken...my Aussie pup has gone missing though..

0228.jpg

Tastes like...squirrel!

0231.jpg

Thangs got a bit blurry but I think I ate the stuff with some warm flour tortillas and washed down with copious amounts of "medicinal" grade tequila.

So ya'll get the divorce papers ready, grab your favorite bottle of liquid stupid and get to cookin'!

Cheers, TB.

Texas Blues

Hey ya'll, had a little swillin' and grillin' goin' on last night in the Blues Kitchen.
I had marinaded chix thighs in teriyaki the previous night. I drained the marinade and added some pequin peppers to make a nice sauce. Here's some of the mayhem as it unfolded...

Gettin' down on the grill..

0233.jpg

Add a little Pequinyaki..

0236.jpg

Cheers, TB.

Bluestar

TB, you're killing me here.

You eat and drink like a King! :salude

Texas Blues

Chix thighs are cheap at Costco. So are chile's like jalapenos. The pequins,(the little red firecrackers) are cheap too. I grow my own. I might eat like a king but I don't pay like a king.

Cheers, TB.

DoubleBoogie

Those chicken thighs look tremendous. I did an infreakincredible mesquite smoked brisket yesterday. I should have taken some pictures when I pulled it off, but we dove in an annhilated all of it... :salude

Itsallmuscle

What did I do to you guys to deserve this.... :)

Keep them coming... drool is ruining more shirts than ever this thread season.