• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Come on in my kitchen..

shuie

I'm all over the habanero stuffed mushrooms. That really looks fantastic. It would also work well stuffed in a deep fried chile pepper.

Pizza suggestion -> Jerk Chicken & Banana Peppers. I know, I know, it sounds like a bad idea. It isn't :)

PatentAppliedFor

11.5 lbs of pork shoulder just off a 15 hour smoke =)

IMG_0371.jpg

Texas Blues

'Lawd have mercy! PAF that 'thang is a work of art. Love the pulled pork sammich with the coleslaw on top. Not much in life is better than that!

Cheers, TB.

Texas Blues

Recently some friends of mine and I got together to do up some burgers and such. The goin's on were alcohol fueled and it readily shows in the results..

First up is this abomination...

TB's Notorious BaconFatBurger of Awesome Win...

First I wrapped the burger in a "bacon basket womb"...

0145.jpg

No mere bun created by mortal hands could contain this awesome 8th wonder of the world so I used 2 jalapeno laden grilled cheese...

0151-1.jpg

Slathered with my Love 'Thang #9 habanero sauce and blue cheese...

0156-1.jpg

Next up were some salmon sliders with capers, tillamook cheddar and wasabi mayo.....

0141.jpg

Nothing can touch this freak of nature.....

Deep fried burger topped with...'Lawd have mercy...deep fried frikken' bacon!!

0168-1.jpg

Careful who you feed these burgers to...they can kill patchoulli smelling hippies...

Cheers, TB.

wild.joz

TB, that's insane! But it sure looks (almost can smell it) gooooooooood!!!

Texas Blues

Hey ya'll, got down in the Blues Kitchen with a little Jerk Chicken. I made up a jerk marinade and soaked several chix thighs in it for several hours.

Just prior to tossing them into the smoker I toasted the occasion with that iconic of Alaskan drinks...THE DUCKFART. From bottom to top, Kahlua, Baileys, and Crown Royal. These go down very easy and after 5 or so you will be farting alcoholic methane gas!!

0216-1.jpg

Started the chix in the smoker for a couple hours with 2 loads of mesquite chips.

0217-1.jpg

Then finished on the grill with some fresno chiles and green beans I had blanched.

0219-1.jpg

Here's version #1...

0220-1.jpg

and #2 topped with Garlic Cilantro yogurt sauce..

0223-1.jpg

Have a happy 4th of July ya'll and get your mojo workin'.

Cheers, TB.

Bar

Looks great! :salude

I would have never thought to mix Crown with coffee liquor & Bailey's. :hmm

What kind (brand) of smoker is that?

Texas Blues

Looks great! :salude

I would have never thought to mix Crown with coffee liquor & Bailey's. :hmm

What kind (brand) of smoker is that?

It's made by Luhr-Jensen. It's electric and called The Mini-Chief. I have 3 of them I like them so much. Wally World should have them on line.

Cheers, TB.

DoubleBoogie

OK... I finally did it. TB inspired me to actually get out in the kitchen and expose my nice Canon to the terrors of a typical Friday evening alcohol inspired cooking episode. Here is a few shots of a Tequila inspired Double Boogie style green chili burger all prepared while listening to a ZZ Top Blue Ray.

First we start with some nice meat...ribeye and pork..grind it up fresh...

IMG_1593.jpg

Now....How about some flame roasted hot long green chilis and poblanos...

IMG_1595.jpg

Cleaned, stemmed, seeded and chopped and into the bowl they go along with a bunch of seasonings....apple chipotle rub the main ingredient here..

IMG_1596.jpg

Next up...Some roasted garlic in olive oil, spices and a touch of balsamic vinegar...

IMG_1598.jpg

After mixing by hand and a little time in the fridge to meld the seaonings, you get these...

IMG_1600.jpg

Now comes the Double Boogie original southwest pesto where you take these ingredients...

IMG_1597.jpg

And after sufficient time in the food processor...

IMG_1599.jpg

Now on to the side dish...sweet potato fries. Cut them up....

IMG_1602.jpg

Scare off the hungry varmints....

IMG_1601.jpg

Grill and toast the buns and assemble the final product with a little queso fresco, roasted poblanos, pesto, tomato, red onion, sliced avocado and shredded lettuce. Add some nice sweet potato fries and your set..

IMG_1604.jpg

I ran out of space (they only let you add so many pictures to one post) or I would show you the icy cold beer that went with it... Cheers!!!

Red Baron

Keep it coming guy's :salude

...this thread deserves sticky status! :dude:

Texas Blues

Bar...the mini chief gives you all the smoke you want. Just depends on how many wood chips you use. Most popular smoker in Alaska that I know of.

DB...'Lawd have mercy! I knew all along you had a Blues Kitchen! And some very fine taste and skills 'ta boot. That pic of the burger and sweet potato fries gets my highest Hot, Blue and Righteous rating. That plate is a veritable culinary orgasmatron!!

Cheers, TB.

DoubleBoogie

Bar...the mini chief gives you all the smoke you want. Just depends on how many wood chips you use. Most popular smoker in Alaska that I know of.

DB...'Lawd have mercy! I knew all along you had a Blues Kitchen! And some very fine taste and skills 'ta boot. That pic of the burger and sweet potato fries gets my highest Hot, Blue and Righteous rating. That plate is a veritable culinary orgasmatron!!

Cheers, TB.

Considering all of the incredible stuff I have seen you post here, I consider that a mighty fine compliment! Thanks my brotha! I've got a few other tricks up my sleeve too and I'll be sure and break out the camera the next time I decide to cook up something special. :salude