• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Come on in my kitchen..

Wiggy

All Access/Backstage Pass
My ex stole that LP from me years ago. Guacamole, chips and salsa covered with cheese on the right plate. Main plate looks like beef tacos, enchiladas rice, beans with salsa, and a flat looking something with melted cheese and the red 'peno slices. Cheese everywhere. The 'penos seem to be fresh that have been dropped in the fryer for 20 seconds or so, not canned. It's my understanding this pic was shot at a Tex-Mex joint around Houston in the 70's that Billy and the boys frequented. I've wanted to duplicate it for years. I could do the food easy enough but setting it up for a shot like that....difficult to say the least. That table screams Tex-Mex soul and mojo!
LEFT TO RIGHT.......... Lets EAT!!!

Texas Blues

Damn skippy! But I doubt I could finish all that in even 3 days! Be fun tryin'.

NewOldCokeDave

I see a Chile Relleno on the left side of that plate and Nachos on the small plate along with what looks like tacos and enchiladas with Spanish rice and
some other little goodies in the back right side of the plate..

The beer I am not familiar with..

Heritage 80

I think it's extinct (it was made in Galveston):

galv_hist2.jpg

Texas Blues

Well I couldn't leave it alone ya'll. I was taken over by some unseen Texican force and was compelled to whip this out inspired by the ZZ pic from Tres Hombres. And with a small tribute to DoubleBoogie thrown in...

For maximum enjoyment, check this little ditty while perusing the post...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzFYd7Xo-8w

Steak and shrimp chimmichangas
TB's Notorious Tamales
Rice and refrieds
Nachos
Chile rellenos
Guacamole
TB's picante sauce
Heaps of limes, pickled 'penos and deep fried fresh 'penos
Liberal use of jack, cheddar and cotija cheeses
A heapin' of TexMex mojo

Here 'tis ya'll TB's Combinacions Plato Grande

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1693.jpg

Cheers ya'll!

DoubleBoogie

:wow
Well I couldn't leave it alone ya'll. I was taken over by some unseen Texican force and was compelled to whip this out inspired by the ZZ pic from Tres Hombres. And with a small tribute to DoubleBoogie thrown in...

For maximum enjoyment, check this little ditty while perusing the post...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzFYd7Xo-8w

Steak and shrimp chimmichangas
TB's Notorious Tamales
Rice and refrieds
Nachos
Chile rellenos
Guacamole
TB's picante sauce
Heaps of limes, pickled 'penos and deep fried fresh 'penos
Liberal use of jack, cheddar and cotija cheeses
A heapin' of TexMex mojo

Here 'tis ya'll TB's Combinacions Plato Grande

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1693.jpg

Cheers ya'll!

:wow Ya buddy!!!! That's what I'm talkin' about!!! :applaude I was goin' to behave myself and eat light tonight....not anymore!!! I feel a Chili Relleno attack comin' on! Wish I could do them tonight! I like my Chili Rellenos stuffed with a mixture of cheese and shredded duck breast meat that was marinated and roasted in a red chili adobo sauce. Stuff and fry them with the traditional egg and corn meal fluffy batter and top them off with my signature dark cajun mole' and jicama relish. It is BAD ASS goodness at its finest!! Pardon me while I slobber!!! :salude

bluesforstevie

Killing me with that pork shoulder. The only decent BBQ place in town just went under without warning...:rip

Here is a pic of the steak my wife got me for Father's Day ready for the grill. :salude
0_IMAG0007.jpg
[/IMG]

That does look like Wagyu beef!!!

Texas Blues

Who's up for a little schmeer? Got it gettin' down brown the other night...

Cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, fresh cracked black pepper, sea salt, lemon juice and zest, capers and tery smoked salmon.

IMG_1717.jpg

Mojo workin' in 'da queeze...

IMG_1722.jpg

You don't want the salmon to be on the chunky side...

IMG_1723.jpg

Toasted bagel and a bit of schmeer....done up Alaskan style.

IMG_1726.jpg

This should bring out the New Yawkers to critique. Will it pass the test?

Texas Blues

Hey ya'll, got the mojo workin' last night in The Blues Kitchen with some fresh salmon and Alaskan king crab. I decided to tex-mexify it by doing the salmon up with garlic, onions, red bell, pequin and 'peno's. Slapped that on a tortilla with the crab, rolled it up and tied it off and then into the deep fryer. These seafood chimmichanga's were HOT SEX ON A PLATE ya'll. The hotness was so good I whooped up a little thai sweet chile cream sauce to go with the seafood love loglettes.

Here's some of the chaos..

IMG_1768.jpg

The salmon could stand alone on its own.

IMG_1773.jpg

Lets make it more killer!

IMG_1775.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

Look at that golden love hotness!!

IMG_1779.jpg

And the money shot....unfunkingbelievable!

IMG_1782.jpg

Get your mojo workin' ya'll! Cheers.

DoubleBoogie

:wow Damn that looks good!!! That's got me droolin on the old keyboard TB!I'll be home next weekend and I plan to do my signature chili rellenos. Pics to be posted then! :salude

Texas Blues

DB, I am quite sure that plate will be nuthin' but hot, blue, and righteous! I've seen your work sir and it's always been killer!

bluesforstevie

Best food thread ever! :yah

NO DOUBT.....You guys are killin' me...

How 'bout some Viet' food? I love the cold (not fried...which are killer too) spring rolls in rice paper wrappers. With the sweet and spicy peanut sauce!!!

Then a bowl Bun Bo Hue....I think that's the spelling...??? Or the soup with the clear noodles with shrimp and pork!!

I float a couple sliced fresh Serrano chile rings and a little extra fish sauce!!!

Texas Blues

NO DOUBT.....You guys are killin' me...

How 'bout some Viet' food? I love the cold (not fried...which are killer too) spring rolls in rice paper wrappers. With the sweet and spicy peanut sauce!!!

Then a bowl Bun Bo Hue....I think that's the spelling...??? Or the soup with the clear noodles with shrimp and pork!!

I float a couple sliced fresh Serrano chile rings and a little extra fish sauce!!!

What? We're taking requests now? Well, at least it wasn't Freebird. I shall consult my witch doctor as per the possibility of fulfilling your request.

bluesforstevie

What? We're taking requests now? Well, at least it wasn't Freebird. I shall consult my witch doctor as per the possibility of fulfilling your request.

:hee

Not a request...merely a menu suggestion. I don't have good enough kitchen hardware to throw down like I'm capable.....

:wah

Texas Blues

Anyone up for tequila sunrises? How 'bout crabcakes 'wit hollandaise and asparagus and shitaki 'shroomage?

IMG_1794.jpg

This plate needs no foo foo.....

Note: Careful with the Samiclaus brewhaha...14% alcomohol....it'll get you drunker than a ship load of sailors on payday!

IMG_1802.jpg