• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Come on in my kitchen..

Texas Blues

Dirty...the marbling in that steak looks like Kobe or Wagyu beef. If it was.....melt in your mouth goodness right there.

DoubleBoogie

OK, camera workin - on the menu tonite - Italian sausage & cream cheese stuffed jalapenos & southern pecan crusted chicken =)

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

That cranks my tractor! :headbange

Texas Blues

Sure does DB but, the fat content if it is Kobe, makes it lighter. What makes the kobe so good too is that when you cook it, the fat melts as if the steak was infused with butter. I bought some wagyu filet, for mrs. blues a while back and grilled it up. Sex on a plate that stuff!

And thanks for mentioning veal...now I have to dream about veal marsala all week!

Texas Blues

Made up a batch of pork tamales a short while ago. Vacuum packed 'em for the freezer. Last night I pulled out a pack. Nuked 'em. Cheesed 'em. Enchilada sauced 'em. Foo foo'd 'em. Ate 'em. Killer!

IMG_1675.jpg

Here's a gratuitous pulled pork pic for the filling...

IMG_1607.jpg

Golden hotness!

IMG_1619.jpg

DoubleBoogie

Made up a batch of pork tamales a short while ago. Vacuum packed 'em for the freezer. Last night I pulled out a pack. Nuked 'em. Cheesed 'em. Enchilada sauced 'em. Foo foo'd 'em. Ate 'em. Killer!

IMG_1675.jpg

Here's a gratuitous pulled pork pic for the filling...

IMG_1607.jpg

Golden hotness!

IMG_1619.jpg

Damn those look good!!! :applaude I am going to do some cooking tonight. Sort of a way to say thanks to my better half for putting up with me getting yet another Les Paul. Tonight's menu will be my signature chimichangas stuffed with marinated grilled steak and shrimp, roasted poblanos, and chihuahua cheese. After I fry them up, I top them off with a classic ranchero sauce and serve it with mexican rice and black beans. Getting hungry already! I'll be sure to get some pictures tonight as I will be doing some pics of my new Gold Top too. Are there three more exciting words anywhere than...."Out for delivery"? :salude

bluesforstevie

Man, you guys are killing me....

I used to LOVE EVERYTHING HOTTTT......

But now, my stomach won't let me. :dang

I am making some red beans, it being Monday and all...

DirtyRobber

Dirty...the marbling in that steak looks like Kobe or Wagyu beef. If it was.....melt in your mouth goodness right there.

It sort of reminds me of veal since the meat is so light in color...

Hey guys,
It is just regular supermarket grade (Choice?) beef, handcut about a half hour before the photo. It is ready for the grill in that pic so I think what you are seeing is the oil and Kosher salt. Also it is a cell phone pic. :salude

That steak is almost 3 lbs. so if were Kobe we would have needed a small loan! Here is a pic to show the relative size:
0_IMAG0006.jpg
[/IMG]

On the grill:
0_IMAG0012.jpg
[/IMG]

Money Shot:
0_IMAG0018.jpg
[/IMG]

DoubleBoogie

It's Chimichanga time.....

First the assembly line....

Chimi1.jpg

Then after a short bath in hot oil....Some more cheese...A little mexican rice...Pot black beans with jalapenos...and a little more mix of the green onions and cilantro garnish.....Man I love cooking and eating this stuff! :peace2

IMG_1637.jpg

Today was a kick butt day!!!

Texas Blues

A new darkback GT, a cranked Marshall, and a plate of Tex-Mex Double Boogie mojofied chimi hotness....good 'Gawd ya'll, I reckon it don't get much bettern' that! Beautiful plate DB!
I reckon you make a damn good fish taco too!

DoubleBoogie

A new darkback GT, a cranked Marshall, and a plate of Tex-Mex Double Boogie mojofied chimi hotness....good 'Gawd ya'll, I reckon it don't get much bettern' that! Beautiful plate DB!
I reckon you make a damn good fish taco too!

Actually, I haven't really tried doing the fish taco thing. I need to though because I love 'em. There is a local joint here that has a fine version (along with their shrimp version too) and I always head that way when I have a hankerin' for one. I bet some of my BC Ling Cod would make a fine one. :hmm :salude

bluesforstevie

These pics remind me so much of the inside of the "Tres Hombres" album!!!!:salude

Oh yeah!!!

zztoptreshombresmexicanfeast4.jpg

Texas Blues

Dano...I've been looking for that shot for a long time but only could find small files and fuzzy contrast. I'd like to dupe that whole spread. That pic might be almost as famous as the album itself. Thanks heaps for posting.

bluesforstevie

Dano...I've been looking for that shot for a long time but only could find small files and fuzzy contrast. I'd like to dupe that whole spread. That pic might be almost as famous as the album itself. Thanks heaps for posting.

Yeah, I've had this album since the mid 70's....

Then, I when I started to cook, I wondered what everything was. I see tacos, enchiladas, but what else is there?

Texas Blues

Yeah, I've had this album since the mid 70's....

Then, I when I started to cook, I wondered what everything was. I see tacos, enchiladas, but what else is there?

My ex stole that LP from me years ago. Guacamole, chips and salsa covered with cheese on the right plate. Main plate looks like beef tacos, enchiladas rice, beans with salsa, and a flat looking something with melted cheese and the red 'peno slices. Cheese everywhere. The 'penos seem to be fresh that have been dropped in the fryer for 20 seconds or so, not canned. It's my understanding this pic was shot at a Tex-Mex joint around Houston in the 70's that Billy and the boys frequented. I've wanted to duplicate it for years. I could do the food easy enough but setting it up for a shot like that....difficult to say the least. That table screams Tex-Mex soul and mojo!