• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Come on in my kitchen..

DoubleBoogie

Texmati is actually my go to rice for making Mexican. For Gumbos, I do the baked method courtesy of Paul Prudhomme. 2 cups rice, 2 1/2 cups stock, 2 Tablespoons melted butter and a few dashes of garlic powder, salt, white, black and cayenne pepper. Mix in a baking loaf pan and seal with foil and bake for 90 minutes. Perfect everytime. You can also add small amounts of minced onion, bell pepper and celery too but adding stock in lieu of water is the key. I've also found some killer quick and easy "healthier" rice packages that you can zap that are outstanding. Quinuoa, brown and red rice, flaxseed, wild rice...stuff that makes you feel better about eating it. When I get back home, I'll post the names of it. Not sure what is up with PB. I don't know if its PB or this site?!?!

Texas Blues

Now that photobucket has decided on no 3rd party hosting without a fee, in doing so they've wiped out this threads pics.

I reckon we could keep going here and be left with all the previous now dead pages or start a new thread.

What say y'all?

Texas Blues

Maybe I'll do this again next w/e in honor of N'awlins going to the big game .. I usually do this with crawfish, but I'm out & used prawns instead...worked jus' fine =)

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

A few pics that survived.

I miss this guy.

Dadgum PAF.

Dude shit better than I ate.

Have got dang mercy!

S. Cane

Now that photobucket has decided on no 3rd party hosting without a fee, in doing so they've wiped out this threads pics.

I reckon we could keep going here and be left with all the previous now dead pages or start a new thread.

What say y'all?

I say let's start a new one!

And I think you are just the man for the job!

P.S. oh and if you could open a twin thread on our twin forum (thefenderforum) and share your cooking wonders there too it would be marvellous!

I'll definitely be very happy if we share our kitchens again!

Last edited:

renderit

Got fired up this weekend and made some of my signature Shrimp Creole. To kick it up several notches, I decided to try a little fusion cooking...southwestern and Cajun. I was way overdue for some tamales so I went crazy with this and it turned out muy bad ass. I got some fresh crawfish boudin and smoked it on the egg over a mixture of peach, cherry and alder would. I then made the masa dough and used some of my homemade shrimp stock in place of water or chicken broth for the tamale dough. I then put some hatch green chiles, smoked boudin and green onions on the masa and rolled them up and steamed them until done. Next, I took some of the shrimp creole sauce and simmered it down to thicken it up and added some diced Serrano peppers to it for some extra pop and sizzle. Garnished it with some fresh crumbled queso fresco and some more green onions. I missed the obligatory "money shot" along with the warmed crusty French bread that went with it but that was because I was to busy stuffing my face. Cajun and Southwestern cuisines go extremely well together! :salude

I am thinking about that as well. The damn neighbor's kid's Fusion wit de BOOM DE BOOM DE BOOM BOOM DE BOOM thing in it.

S. Cane

PB is up and running again, which means that this thread lives again, with most of its pics alive!

Let's cook some more! :salude

Last edited:

JeffBlue

On first reading this...........I thought we were up for some Robert Johnson tunes. Okay....now stop it........you are making me hungry.

Triburst

The main thing you learn on this thread is to NEVER pass up a dinner invitation from Texas Blues or Doubleboogie. :salude

S. Cane

Made one more of my homemade burgers for lunch today... I get my burgers from the best local premium meat distributor, I have them custom made (I choose the blends) of real fresh beef and green seasonings, not the supermarket premade stuff, with just the right amount of salt. Man, what a difference, tastewise and healthwise. And it is even much cheaper than buying processed burgers. I recommend doing the same, it's worth the wait!

So. Grilled the burger the usual way, and heated a light brioche bun until it's crispy. Then threw some red leaf lettuce and a few onion rings on top:

F0FB2E3D-6580-4A25-9DF1-F2BDF4B1CF60_zpszqatsyrl.jpg

Ok, this isn't mayo and catchup, it's my own secret cheese cream and some italian al sugo sauce:

76F183D0-9553-489C-B888-FD886A229D7B_zpsclzts5xv.jpg

Poured some Italian pepper onto it

4C3898D5-33C9-4D82-91B2-62E836AA5451_zpse29lcb7h.jpg

And voilá:

1F1A738C-BEAB-4C49-A12C-C1A118BFA39E_zpskubohzem.jpg

Sign.gif

Black58

HOLY SHIT! I can't believe this thread is still going! I remember when it started. .. AWESOME! :salude

DoubleBoogie

Finally got a place to upload pictures! :dude: Hopefully this thread will take off again. I had a serious hankerin' for some shellfish and twisted together a few things to create this dish. These are mussels and clams steamed in a broth consisting of butter, clam juice, sherry, tequila, heavy cream, garlic, cilantro, and sliced fresh jalapenos. Served it up over some spicy saffron rice and added a grilled pair of jumbo shrimp, a split lobster tail and a pair of nicely seared diver scallops just because! I also served it with some homemade fresh baked ciabatta rolls for dipping into the juicy rice left over, but those didn't make it into the picture. It was muy bad ass!! :salude

KHmLmcN.jpg

Last edited:

Zar149

after watching photos with food, I really want to eat now. so I'll go urgently prepare something for myself. I plan to make a salad with avocado and some kind of sandwich. By the way, I really love cooking chicken in my grill <style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>https://bestgrill.reviews it turns out very tasty and satisfying. I cook really rarely.

Last edited:

S. Cane

Here's a steak I made.

Went to the local meat house and got some of this preciosity:

24grfoj.jpg

Look at the marbling on this thing:

2581lq1.jpg

Seasoned it witgh this (it's basically salt, a mix of peppers, activated carbon, and dried garlic and onion. Very smooth.

9gxdhy.jpg

I added some more ground pepper, as I love it

2dawy94.jpg

Too bad I forgot to take a pic of it when it was ready, but I can tell you, it was GOOD.

Sign.gif

bratpack7

Ahhh DB you bastard! Thanks for reminding me I haven't wet a line in a long time. 54 pound king? Beautiful! What river? My favorite BC river is...shhh! Don't tell anyone...the Kispiox.

The sauce I did up for the fish is very simple but because of the habanero, a bit over the top heat wise for most folks. I did however base it on another recipe which doesn't have as much of the triple rectifier burn.

In a sauce pan melt a table spoon of butter on low to medium heat. Add a teaspoon of minced garlic and double that of minced shallot. Stir and whir till shallots are clear. Add half a cup of Thai Sweet Chile Sauce and a cup and a half of cream. Simmer on low heat and reduce until you get the thickness you like or the sauce coats a spoon. Add sea or kosher salt to taste along with fresh cracked black pepper. This is a fantastic sauce for a variety of dishes. Add some ground cumin to it and serve with lamb kabobs...heaven on a stick!

Cheers, TB.

I dug way back for this recipe, TB, and I made the Chinook Salmon with the sauce you describe. Promised my wife I would make dinner tonight and was wondering what to make. I remembered this thread and did a search and lo and behold settled on this one. Delicious sir! Thank you. And you mention the Kispiox, small world. I used to live about 3 hours drive from there on the north coast.
Cheers.

Texas Blues

I wish.

I could load pics direct to LPF from my computer.

But alas.

I cannot.

This thread deserves to survive I reckon.

In the meantime.

I'll just leave this here...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o9yvRv4Cazo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Have mercy!

Texas Blues

I reupped another $50 just now.

To the LPF.

Hope that helps.

Maybe in the future we could upload direct.

I'd pay an additional fee if so!

DoubleBoogie

I reupped another $50 just now.

To the LPF.

Hope that helps.

Maybe in the future we could upload direct.

I'd pay an additional fee if so!

I agree...I think the two of us kept this thread going for quite a while. Sad to say we've been slacking in the cooking department. I just may have to rectify that situation pretty soon!

DoubleBoogie

So..here is a southwestern inspired dish that I concocted on the fly a little while ago. Its a margarita marinated braised Lamb Shank in a tomatillo and green chile broth with smoked cheese grits. It was garnished with crema, queso fresco, chopped green onions and cilantro, pepitos, and sliced avocado. It was epic... :dude: You're up now TB!

gYLJZwG.jpg