• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Come on in my kitchen..

Texas Blues

Hey ya'll. Friday Nights are "Popper Night" in the Blues Kitchen. I found some beautiful fresno and habanero peppers and decided to add them to my "Inspired by Tequila Series". This version of poppers turned more into
"Shut Up and Man the F#ck UP!!" poppers. I halved the peppers and stuffed them. Put the halves back together and dredged them in flour, into a beer batter and then into the fryer. Served up with blue cheese dressing and lime wedges, they were nothing short of fantastic!

The stuffing:
garlic
shallot
green onion
goat cheese
ricotta
cheddar
jack cheese
sea salt
fresh cracked black pepper

NOTE: One precurser to making and eating these poppers is to be absolutely shitfaced pryor to the mayhem. Tequila, aka firewater, works best. The combination of tequila and habanero's is absolutely vicious. While the tequila does nothing to cool the burn and pain, it does trick the mind into not giving a f#ck about it. After much woe, sack clothe and ashes and gnashing of teeth I managed to consume all 12 of the habanero's and most of the fresno's. I was burning like a Santa Ana wildfire. Additionally I got a double whammy of endorphin rushes this morning as the peppers began exiting stage left. The habs began asserting their awesome power in wave after wave of kamikaze attacks upon my colon. I do believe I experienced what steroid users refer to as "roid rage". Imagine a cluster of grapes doused with lighter fluid and set on fire. Good times!

Here's the little gut bombs gettin' down brown...

0238.jpg

Hot sex on a plate I tell 'ya hombre!

0241.jpg

All ready to man the f#ck up!!!

0242.jpg

Cheers ya'll, TB.

Texas Blues

My Drunken Style Kung Fu was still in the good joss zone so last night I switched from popper mode to wings. Deep fried and coated with a liberal amount of blended melted butter and my own habanero hot sauce. Good blues food and hot enough to put you on the ceiling faster than 500 mics of thorazine.

0247.jpg

Cheers, TB.

Bluestar

TB/Janet - if you hadn't already killed me, you'd be killing me.

The food hits just keep on coming. :yah

Texas Blues

Hey ya'll. Began the evening with my friends cerveza and tequila but was also in the mood for a "cocktail". Great way to mellow down easy in the Blues Kitchen before tearing it up!

0002-3.jpg

After several beers and shots I managed to put together a little CFS but instead of white gravy I topped it with a little serrano cheese sauce.

Here 'tis Rio Grande style...

0006-2.jpg

Cheers, TB.

Wisertime

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
TB, yu da man! That looks so good. However, I can feel my cholesterol rising just from viewing those photos.

Ham_Fist

All Access/Backstage Pass
Cholesterol was the magic word for me last Saturday. There wasn't much in the fridge except a few essentials, and I had to use the last of the hamburger pronto. And there was only one egg left. Not enough for an omelette. Why not? Oh look! There's some bacon too!

badidea.jpg

Now that the weather is getting nice again, it's time to get the trusty Weber out. I think I might go with something simple at first. Behold, the Good Livin' Combo Meal!
slawburger.jpg

Texas Blues

TB, yu da man! That looks so good. However, I can feel my cholesterol rising just from viewing those photos.

I only get away with it because I only do it on the weekends. During the week it's sick how healthy I eat. Lots of fish, no meat, and heavy on the fresh veggies. Very little fat. Weekend's I splurge and rationalize with alcohol. Doctor recommended and Drunken Chef approved.

Cheers, TB.

cherrick

Les Paul Froum Member
Shrimp KaBobs, ready to go into the broiler. I left out the garlic cloves as the older nieto is over for the weekend and he's not yet indoctrinated into the majesty of the spice.

ShrimpKabob.jpg

geddins

We're havin pulled pork sandwiches tomorrow! Here's my 8lb pork butt, nearly 8 hours in on the Egg....it's at 165 right now...If I get it right, it'll hit 200 (and glory) about 6am......

photo.jpg

Texas Blues

CherriK..nice looking k-bobs! Love the shrimp!

Geddins...and who doesn't love the butt! I don't have one but those green eggs I hear from guys I know that have them, are the shizet!! Post pics when you get the stuff pulled. I usually put the coleslaw right on the sammich when doing pulled pork. What say you?

Cheers ya'll, TB.

geddins

My wife and kids dig the slaw....I don't....

I got my Egg last summer, having been a grillin freak since I was 18 or so....it's the BEST cooker of any type I've ever used.

Bein able to regulate and maintain temps really makes it easy!

Ham_Fist

All Access/Backstage Pass
One of these days, I need to try to whip up some of those poppers.

And that sauce sounds tasty! I've always been a fan of pineapple w/hot peppers. Probably my favorite pizza topping combo is jalapeño, pineapple, and ham (or bacon). Hot, sweet, and salty.

Really, in general I like simple food without too many ingredients. I like the way the basic flavors interact and balance each other out.

I'd like to try making sausage. I went to Hot Doug's in Chicago last year, and it was the best meal of the trip (or maybe it tied with Giordano's). Check out the menu. The real action is in the "Today's Specials" section. www.hotdougs.com I wonder how some of those would translate to hamburgers...

By the way, one of my favorite hamburger toppings: peanut butter. It sounds horrible, but it works!

Texas Blues

Ahhhh..and a fine Good Friday it is. Off work and currently planning tonights destruction and mayhem in the Blues Kitchen. I'm craving calamari...if I can find some..

Cheers, TB.

Red Baron

What a great thread, your cooking is inspirational Texas Blues. :jim

Looking forward to see what you do with that Calamari :salude

bluesforstevie

Hey ya'll. Began the evening with my friends cerveza and tequila but was also in the mood for a "cocktail". Great way to mellow down easy in the Blues Kitchen before tearing it up!

After several beers and shots I managed to put together a little CFS but instead of white gravy I topped it with a little serrano cheese sauce.

Here 'tis Rio Grande style...

0006-2.jpg

Cheers, TB.

Chicken Fried Snakes!!!

Texas Blues

aaahh finally. Deep fried calamari, lots of lemon wedges and cocktail sauce.

Deliciouso compadre's.

0011-1.jpg

Cheers, TB.