• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Come on in my kitchen..

Texas Blues

Been awhile ya'll for this thread. I got down brown in The Blues Kitchen with a little deep fried hotness. I sliced up a pile of 'peno's, got some dill pickle slices, tossed 'em in flour, eggwash, then breadcrumbs. From there into hot oil in the cast iron dutch oven.

Deep fried golden goodness ya'll! I call the fried 'peno's Rio Grande Popcorn, as that is just how easy it is to eat them, as long as the brewhaha holds out...and paired with the deep fried pickles...you're going to need alot of cold ones on hand! This stuff is as addictive as meth!

Here's the piccy's of the goin's on.....(the crumpled beer can is an inside tribute to some SoFlo boys I know)

Alcohol is mandatory.

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

Served up with a little pequin chile powdered ranch dressing....magnifique!

Get your Blues Kitchen on ya'll!

Salute', TB.

mubla58

Should've taken pictures, but last weekend I made up this marinade for a beef tenderloin that came out really fucking good.

Mix a cup of olive oil, salt & pepper and two crushed garlic cloves. Mix in two hefty Tbs of guava paste and the juice of one or two fresh oranges - you'll have to nuke the guava paste for about 15 seconds to get it to blend with the juice. Add this to the olive oil. Put the beef tenderloin in a big ziplock bag, add the marinade and refrigerate for at least two hours.

Slowly grill the puppy for two hours - 30 minutes per side and away from the charcoal. Let sit for 5 mins or so, and then enjoy. It really is delicious.

DoubleBoogie

Been awhile ya'll for this thread. I got down brown in The Blues Kitchen with a little deep fried hotness. I sliced up a pile of 'peno's, got some dill pickle slices, tossed 'em in flour, eggwash, then breadcrumbs. From there into hot oil in the cast iron dutch oven.

Deep fried golden goodness ya'll! I call the fried 'peno's Rio Grande Popcorn, as that is just how easy it is to eat them, as long as the brewhaha holds out...and paired with the deep fried pickles...you're going to need alot of cold ones on hand! This stuff is as addictive as meth!

Here's the piccy's of the goin's on.....(the crumpled beer can is an inside tribute to some SoFlo boys I know)

Alcohol is mandatory.

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

Served up with a little pequin chile powdered ranch dressing....magnifique!

Get your Blues Kitchen on ya'll!

Salute', TB.

Man..I loves me some fried pickles!! :peace2

PatentAppliedFor

well no one chimed in so I ended up doing panko breaded halibut & asparagus smothered in shrimp etouffee =)

Bluestar

I totally would have but my 7 yr old busted the digital camera on Fri eve lol

Sorry to hear that - but fortunately digital camera prices are pretty reasonable these days.

Maybe Texas Blues and/or Double Boogie can post some pics!
:XRE

Texas Blues

Sorry to hear that - but fortunately digital camera prices are pretty reasonable these days.

Maybe Texas Blues and/or Double Boogie can post some pics!
:XRE

You didn't say pics of what...so....

Beer!

IMG_1568.jpg

And a seafood chorizo po'boy! (shrimp, scallops, salmon, garlic, chile's, Hungarian and Spanish paprikas) and beer bacon cheese soup!

IMG_1588.jpg

Salute',TB.

Frank C

TB are you a chef professionally?...If so i need to come to your restaurant..awesome stuff guys

Texas Blues

TB are you a chef professionally?...If so i need to come to your restaurant..awesome stuff guys

I was back in the day of the white buffalo and the caveman. Done alot of 'thangs...musician, chef, fishing guide, wine sales, construction. Note that the first 4 listed are notorious flakes so I am more or less 4 losers rolled into one. I've had a great life!

Salute', TB.

DoubleBoogie

You didn't say pics of what...so....

Beer!

IMG_1568.jpg

And a seafood chorizo po'boy! (shrimp, scallops, salmon, garlic, chile's, Hungarian and Spanish paprikas) and beer bacon cheese soup!

IMG_1588.jpg

Salute',TB.

Wow!!! That looks killer!! :wow Did you make the chorizo yourself? Funny you posted that though. On my last trip home, I made a kick butt po-boy myslef. Sorry, forgot to get the camera out, but I should have because it ROCKED!! I did a spicy grilled cajun catfish fillet and put it on a split section of some homemade french bread that I baked. Now for the cool part...I finished it off with a a nice garlic remoulade, shredded lettuce, diced fresh vine ripened tomato, and my own secret addition....southern fired okra. Mmmmmmmmm :headbange The crunchy okra added a wonderful texture to it along with the flavor mating extremely well with the tomato and fish.

Texas Blues

Yessir DB...made the chorizo myself. The 'thang with seafood when making a sausage, it needs some fat to bind it together. I used a little heavy cream in the mix and it worked very well. Now that I read your post, I regret not deep frying some pickles or 'peno's to top that po'boy. Mmmm okra!

Salute', TB.

PatentAppliedFor

OK, camera workin - on the menu tonite - Italian sausage & cream cheese stuffed jalapenos & southern pecan crusted chicken =)

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

Wiggy

All Access/Backstage Pass
Enough; Enough........waterboard me :headbange

DirtyRobber

Killing me with that pork shoulder. The only decent BBQ place in town just went under without warning...:rip

Here is a pic of the steak my wife got me for Father's Day ready for the grill. :salude
0_IMAG0007.jpg
[/IMG]