• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

91 Les Paul Standard questions

Triplet

Is that usual with early 1990's ebony and goldtop Les Pauls?

I have a '92 Studio also that I modded. On both guitars the maple was very plain. No figure to speak of and had plenty of black specks.

Doc8405

I have a 1991 Limited Ed. LP standard in Natural first run. It has a two piece Top (beautiful). On the heavy side - near 10lbs. Neck between'58-'59. Build quality - Outstanding. Very Dark FB. I am lookin to sell but can not get a price that is true. The price's seem high taken from well known sites / not from the Bay... If you find one that is Orig with Orig. case that you feel is at a fair price buy it. The photo on the left side is mine. Good Luck in your search.

Last edited:

Doc8405

Just curious if there's any info on this somewhere out there. Like what pick-ups were standard in it. What was the neck profile like. What's the general consensus on the build quality of Standards back in 91?

I have the chance of possibly picking up an ebony '91 for a reasonable price, so am interested in learning more. The search function here isn't returning much info or else I'm not searching for the right terms. :)

"""" Please check my last post on my LPS / it may help you. """" Doc

Doc8405

I can see the seam when I hold the guitar in a certain angle.

Being it is in Natural and nothing to rub off. The Top you can the is a two piece top. I wish I could load photo's but the only one that came out is in my call sign post left top. If you send me your email address, may be I can send you some pics. Being a limited Ed and in the first run in Natural she is A Beauty.
Thinking about putting on Reverb -They are fast to sell and at a great price for the seller but I will put a lower starting price on her. All Orig. orig. case included. Hope that help.