• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Mahogany Nitro Finish Project

Mike9

That came out super - congrats. I might think about doing mine next winter like that.

D'Mule

Collings acoustic guitars are available w/ a Varnish finish & the sonic results are over the top. It's a $2k upgrade over Nitro!

Why that's a coincidence, because I was think if I sell my guitar I will add a $2K upcharge for the nitro finish.

Nah, just kidding!:rofl

D'Mule

That came out super - congrats. I might think about doing mine next winter like that.

Yeah it was a great winter project. And I learned alot about finish application. In fact I was going at my car today with rubbing compound...

Dr H Lecter

Good grief, that Les Paul Standard looks stunning! Congratulations on such a good job!

pinefd

D'Mule, it's been a while since I last checked in here, and all I can say is WOW! Great job! It really came out beautifully. Congrats!

Frank

D'Mule

Thanks for the props, guys. It did turn out great. Although the finish came out very glossy, the finish is thin and hugs the wood, so it shows a bit of grain and pore. Has a very organic look and feel. Really the polar opposite of the finish on my Tele--which is a really nice finish, but smooth and hard as glass.

I've been playing it a few months now, and am finally dialing it in. It has a very focused, open tone. I find it is a pretty good guitar for higher gain work.

butnut

Holy crap! Super nice work and the final gloss is killer, have fun with it.