• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

PERFECT!!! Low Powered Marshall For the Bedroom!! WOW!!

zombiwoof

I remember seeing the schematics and layouts for the bass and guitar versions of those in (I think) Aspen Pittman's book, and wondering why I had never seen one. Well, now I have. I think maybe very few of those got to the U.S..

Al

Ad_02Std

I remember seeing the schematics and layouts for the bass and guitar versions of those in (I think) Aspen Pittman's book, and wondering why I had never seen one. Well, now I have. I think maybe very few of those got to the U.S..

Al

They did bring down a few airplanes trying to get them there though.

Omega

I think some of the funniest comments I've read on this forum are on this thread alone.

I remember seeing these in the catalogs but I've never seen an actual picture of one. I can't imagine under what conditions anyone would need this, but whatever.

zombiwoof

The P.S. 400 was cool! It had three different outputs, one for each set of 6550's, each giving 175 watts into a cab. You could just use one cab for 175 watts, or up to three for all the power. It had bass and guitar channels. I saw Albert King play through one at an outdoor show in Phoenix, and I've never heard him sound better. He was getting feedback, and holding a note through a full 12 bars and then ending it with a cool lick, the crowd was going crazy. Taj Mahal was sitting next to me and my friend, and he was hopping up and down through the show. I guess outdoors was the perfect place to unleash that beast.

I also saw an early picture of Van Halen jamming, and Michael Anthony was using one for bass.

Al

reviewcart

I’m looking for a pretty standard classic rock tone - Hendrix/Zeppelin, maybe AC/DC or Guns N Roses. So ideally I’d want to be able to do from Since I’ve Been Loving You or Red House to something like Welcome To The Jungle or Back In Black grit. I don’t need anything more than that - I don’t tend to play metal, so I’m not concerned about super high gain.

jrgtr42

I’m looking for a pretty standard classic rock tone - Hendrix/Zeppelin, maybe AC/DC or Guns N Roses. So ideally I’d want to be able to do from Since I’ve Been Loving You or Red House to something like Welcome To The Jungle or Back In Black grit. I don’t need anything more than that - I don’t tend to play metal, so I’m not concerned about super high gain.

Besides the fact this is a 12-year old thread... :frank: (there really needs to be a zombie emojie here...)
This reminds me of when I was avoiding work by selling guitars for a living, and a kid would come in wanting a Mesa Triple Rec half-stack, I'd ask about their band and they'd say, "no, I just play in my room." I would try to turn them to something lower wattage - the single rec, usually (50 watts versus 150) and usually fail. Oh, well, not my eardrums.