• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Jimmy Page Guitar Arsenal

led zep fan

Banned
JimmysArsenal.jpg

Elmore

That looks like fun. Is that red Les Paul a routed (for full size humbuckers) 1973 Les Paul Deluxe?

DANELECTRO

Is that a recent photo? What's up with the shiny cover on the bridge pup of #1? And you can tell by the flame and the stoptail position that that is in fact #1.

Greco

Cool! I've never seen that photo in colour. I first saw it in Keith Shadwicks Led Zep book in Black and White. It is indeed from 1977 and credited to Baron Wolman but i can't find a decent copy on the net. FWIW what you have there is not the whole picture - His double neck was just to the right of the danelectro and black telecaster. Cool photo, thanks! :salude

LedZoso

Is that a recent photo? What's up with the shiny cover on the bridge pup of #1? And you can tell by the flame and the stoptail position that that is in fact #1.

That's the pickup that replaced the broken white PAF, been there since June '72, actually May '72 to be really specific. It didn't come off again until around '87, it was certainly gone by the Atlantic 40th Anniversary in 1988.

les strat

It is chrome if I recall... the one that was on the T-top that replaced the PAF.

William Payne

In another thread they have an interesting debate about that t-top I think in the tone zone . Apparently somebody heard from somebody who knows somebody and apparently jimmy page and his tech say that #1 has allways had PAF's and that the t-top may have been cover only . I don't know how true that is but it was an interesting debate.

prakashananda

Les Paul Forum Member
Nice pic! Thanks Led Zep Fan! Great to see these altogether in a daylight shot. You can really see the chrome cover on the bridge pup of #1 as mentioned.

prakashananda

Les Paul Forum Member
Whenever 'ya find 'em - bring 'em on! Can't get enough of Page. Guess I've come to the right place...!

zosolp

thanks i have never seen that photo before, thanks for posting

Tonebender

Dano was modded either for the Firm or Outrider. It had the new bridge at the Atlantic show.

Phil 52

Can't remember where I have these from. I guess it's been posted here before but still impressive.:)

page3jv1.jpg

page16qo2.jpg

Last edited:

William Payne

I have seen pictures somewhere of jimmy pages guitars in a studio , the whole studio is filled with guitars .