• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Analog.man Sunface

Classic

I bought an Analog.man sunface with sundial off Ebay last week and it arrived but was only able to pick it up last night.

Opened the box and the pedal looked good. Put a new battery in, plugged it into my effects chain just after the wah and powered things up. After my ever-so disappointing attempts at using a Big Muff Pi my hopes weren't high but thought it'd be good to try and knew it could be resold on the bay for about the same as I bought it. Setting the sundial flat, checking the clean sound was ok, I kicked the pedal on.

:dude:

Yeah, I'm now officially a fuzz fan!!! I'm loving this thing. No brutal take-no-prisoners approach like the Big Muff, it was somewhere close to what I had heard on countless recordings.

Why did it take me so long to get one??? :hee

kerryboy

I am using the analogman Boss DS1 pedal which I like. I had the sunface fuzz but didn't like it. I thought it was lame. It just didn't work for me. Mind you, I went through a phase were I bought and tried nearly every fuzz I could find and I still haven't found a fuzz that I like.

Don

I had a Fulltone '69 and '70. They're great pedals. I kept the '69 and sold the '70. I prefered the '69 overall.

I wish I had kept the '70 as well. I played a bbq this summer where it was humid, in the mid 90s and sunny with no shade on my pedals. The '69 sounded like farts. The '70 would've probably been fine.