• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Repro Parts: Montreux Time Machine Collection

BIG Dave

FYI: Came across an ad for these in the September Vintage Guitar mag. The site talks about how five years ago "Mr. JK" set out to create the best reproduction parts for vintage Gibson and Fender guitars. The products he created are known as "Vintage Clone". Now they are claiming that the bar has just been raised and they are now offering the second generation of Jk's acclaimed products...the Montreux Time Machine collection. They state they are the most accurately made and aged vintage reproduction parts that money can buy. I checked it out and they have most of the replacement parts we look for however I couldn't find any pickup rings...

http://www.montreuxguitars.com/

mistersnappy

Re: pup rings-check the "retrovibe" link/page and scroll down for M-69 Burst-style aged rings. (assuming that is what you were searching for) :salude :jim

DirtyRobber

From your description I was expecting ridiculously high prices, but they seem to fall in-line with most other re-pro parts on the market.

Luke Gibson

BIG Dave said:
FYI: Came across an ad for these in the September Vintage Guitar mag. The site talks about how five years ago "Mr. JK" set out to create the best reproduction parts for vintage Gibson and Fender guitars. The products he created are known as "Vintage Clone". Now they are claiming that the bar has just been raised and they are now offering the second generation of Jk's acclaimed products...the Montreux Time Machine collection. They state they are the most accurately made and aged vintage reproduction parts that money can buy. I checked it out and they have most of the replacement parts we look for however I couldn't find any pickup rings...

http://www.montreuxguitars.com/

Good luck! You cannot order from the web site, I finally contacted the State side dealer and heard nothing back after my initial contact with him.....

Gold Tone

I've bought a TON of VC stuff and that new Monteraux stuff looks no different. I see some new things on the Fender side but ALL the Gibson stuff looks the same as VC except some new additions.

The plastic is the same stuff, the knurled switch nut is the same (which by the way is taller than a vintage nut.....DMC is more accurate), the ABR-1 is the EXACT same part (you can see the weird little inserts on the side of the bridge that holds the tip of the intonation screw....NOT a vintage detail!).

So - it's much more of a rebranding of the parts than it is a revamping of them. There are some extra items that are new (mostly pick guards) but otherwise this is all the same VC stuff.

Luke Gibson

The part I've been inquiring about is the 56 style Rhythm/Treble ring with the somewhat correct lettering font, I hadn't seen that on the other sites (maybe I missed it?)

garywright

old thread ..but has anyone bought a set of their time machine gold bonnets ..if so, what ya think ?

jkater

old thread ..but has anyone bought a set of their time machine gold bonnets ..if so, what ya think ?

I just did and wow! Hard to capture the quality wih pics and words. I have never touched a real 59 LP knob but I am convinced that they went to great pain to reproduce it accurately.

I had first bouht the Gibson official brand knobs and they feel very cheap. They a not even embossed wih numbers underside (to be fair, thez ARE cheap so I can't fault them on the price).

On the Montreux time machine, on the other hand, NO Detail has been overlooked. The top has a slight recess as well which I figure the original did. As to the color, perfect! I looked at pics of original 59's and they nailed it.

To those saying 65€ is too much fo four knobs, think of the price of a true Historic aged LP and how visible the knobs are on the guitar. I think it's worth every penny.