• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

$3000 odd dollars - What are the options?

waynesmith

You can't go wrong with a R7 goldtop...I just picked up an 08 from Marks Guitar Loft, a sweet darkback. Can't wait to receive it.

woody-89

For my money, I'd stretch out for an R9...

I really hope you're gonna relic this one as well!

Tex Ecco

Greco

You're gonna have to pull some clever stunts to get anything you listed !!!

Why????
  • Nothing in the UK for that price, best bet is import from the US.
  • Pay your 17.5% VAT and 6% import duty and $150 freight.
So what you're really asking is what can I get (from the USA) for $2300...

But if you manage it, let me know. I'm in the market too.:salude

Brownie

Find yourself a nice used Historic ES-335. As much as I love LPs, I'd take a good 335 over one any day of the week.

RiverRatt

I would hunt down this '79 Custom that I let get away. I could probably find it, too, but I'm not sure $3k would buy it. It was my favorite LP, I just didn't realize it until it was gone.

lpcustom.jpg

Deep

I'd get a nice R4. You dont have a Goldtop and more importantly you don't have a P-90 guitar yet...Think about it....

mwm523

I would hunt down this '79 Custom that I let get away. I could probably find it, too, but I'm not sure $3k would buy it. It was my favorite LP, I just didn't realize it until it was gone.

lpcustom.jpg

How could you possibly have known any better? Look how young you were at the time! :hee

RiverRatt

How could you possibly have known any better? Look how young you were at the time! :hee

:rofl :rofl I wish. I was young and foolish at the time, but not quite that young. That's my son, who will turn 16 later this month. He doesn't even like Lesters, unless it's a Guitar Hero controller.

Electric Lloyd

Man, I gotta say, if you're not convinced about P-90s then you probably hav'nt spent enough quality time with them. It could just be me, but I think P-90s are more versitile than humbuckers. If you, like me, can only afford to have a few guitars, why repeat what you already have?