• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

57 Tweed Deluxe Reissue Owners

Sean French

I have played the RI and it's killer.:headbange
Yes,it's a bit more expensive than the clones.
Is it worth the extra $$.Well worth is relative.
Heck,I own a Vicky 20112-T and paid $900 for it used.
My Vicky has the P12N speaker and 50's RCA glass.
If I didn't already have the Vicky I would have bought the Fender without a doubt.
Not because it says Fender but,because it sounded great.
Does it sound better than my Vicky?No.
Does my Vicky sound better than the Fender?
Not really.
My Vicky is a bit clearer with slightly creamier mids though.
The tubes and speaker are more than likely why.
I do prefer the P12N to the P12Q and the NOS RCA' surely help.
I think it's great that Fender is starting to make some killer RI's now.
Can't wait to see what's next.
Hand wired BF Deluxe Reverb and or Super Reverb?

68goldtop

Formerly Omo
hi sean!
from what i´ve heard, a ´65 princeton reverb rissue will be next!
it won´t be p-t-p, though - more along the line of the deluxe reverb ri.

i´m looking forward to try it!

on the topic of the tweed deluxe reissue...

i think it´s great that fender - finally - made one, but i havn´t had the chance to play it yet...
i had the vicky 20112 a while back and while it was a nice amp i can´t say it was the "magic wand" some people would have you believe it is ;)

btw - the vickys are at least as expensive as the fenders over here in europe.

cheers - 68.

softail_bob

Just received my 57 Deluxe RI and I'm very impressed. The street price was awfully high so I found one in mint condition on eBay for much less. The stock tubes don't sound bad at all. I have some NOS RCA tubes I'll eventually put in but it's fine for now. Thanks to all for the input. :wail

goldtop0

My Nick Greer Tweed Deluxe sounds much better than my Fender 57 Deluxe Reissue!

There has been a proliferation of tweed amp producers since 2008 and I've seen a few on youtube and on here that sound excellent........mind you the tone(as with all amp setups) has a bit to do with what speaker is used so I play around with all my combos to find that right fit.
Have only ever seen one Fender '57 here(used) and that was a hell of a cost, played it and was very impressed.

Last edited:

Triburst

There has been a proliferation of tweed amp producers since 2008 and I've seen a few on youtube and on here that sound excellent........mind you the tone(as with all amp setups) has a bit to do with what speaker is used so I play around with all my combos to find that right fit.

I agree. I liked my 5E3 Clone, but I saw some guys I trust here on the Forum chatting about a Celestion Blue being "magic" in one.

So I put one in, and now I LOVE it. SO versatile once it's broken in.

goldtop0

I agree. I liked my 5E3 Clone, but I saw some guys I trust here on the Forum chatting about a Celestion Blue being "magic" in one.

So I put one in, and now I LOVE it. SO versatile once it's broken in.

Yes the good oil is the Blue and the older pulsonic cone alnico celestions........just great imo.

el84ster

If you’re happy with it, great. But we got one for our recording studio thinking it’d be handy, and frankly it’s unusable. It doesn’t sound like a nice old one. Clark, Victoria, especially Speed Shop are much closer.
The problems are numerous- horrible speaker, some parts not at all like the old ones, these things majorly effect the sound. We couldn’t believe how off these sound.