• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Where to buy Firebird Pickup surrounds

AA00475Bassman

Thank you Latestarter really happy about getting these surrounds , I will be using these on my 98 Historic Firebird v !

latestarter

Thank you Latestarter really happy about getting these surrounds , I will be using these on my 98 Historic Firebird v !

I have just aged them yesterday. Will go on Monday. Just remember these are vintage spec...including the mounting screw positions. I am not sure what the new spacing looks like. 84mm by 34mm here, to centres. Drop me a line if that's an issue.

Drewman

I still have some old stock rings in aged nickel if needed. They are only sized for vintage and SD pickups, including mounting screw holes. Happy to take a PM .

Grant! Do you still have vintage spec rings available? I'm looking for two nickel plated rings for my Seymour Duncan pickups.

LesPauloholic

Pm'd I'm looking for a set too, for SD pickups. I prefer non aged, but could work with aged also.

Thanks,
Greg

latestarter

Hi all. I have some aged ones left....not many. Remember they are vintage spec in every way except the steel thickness (slightly thicker). cheers

latestarter

I've responded to everyone that enquired. I'm now out of coverage for 2 weeks....I'll pick up any responses when I hit dry land again!

Freitopolis

Vintage or modern? They are a bit different.
Mega dredge to see if anyone has a new lead for these.

I'm after the vintage spec Firebird rings / surrounds...modern day repros are bigger by a fair bit. I'm happy to buy a damaged one from someone too as I can reproduce them and have them plated in nickel. ( I could get more made up for the person supplying the damaged one - i.e. a replacement).

I got some from Crazy Parts but they are the larger size

Failing that. if someone were to be kind and at their next string change do me the big favour of outlining their surround or even scanning it.

Or without removing anything, the very outside and inside measurements. I can pay or swap something of interest if you can help.

Much appreciated everyone...
Super Mega Dredge! I need a larger nickel plated pair. Still got those Crazy Parts ones laying around?
It seems that all the nickel plated sizes available online today are for the vintage models even though all the current Custom Shop models seem to use the larger rings..

In the photo you can see the loose smaller ring next to the stock. The hand drawing are the rough dimensions of the stock ring and the CAD drawing is of the MojoTone.

UPDATE: I decided to go with the StewMac gold plated mounting rings (Part #: 1520-G) and buff out the gold with a metal polishing compound like NEVR-DULL or a jewelers rouge cloth which will expose the nickel layer. See last photo for StewMac dimensions.

Attachments

• IMG_4133.jpeg
    IMG_4133.jpeg
    388.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4134.jpeg
    IMG_4134.jpeg
    30.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4135.jpeg
    IMG_4135.jpeg
    359.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4140.jpeg
    IMG_4140.jpeg
    348.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Freitopolis

Can you tell me what size the crazyparts rings are? I've got an 09 Firebird V and my rings are about 3.6" x 1.6" in chrome.... I'm trying to find a set of nickel rings that will fit my guitar. I've got a set of Seymour Duncan Firebird pickups I want to put in the guitar, but they are nickel plated, so I'd like to get matching rings.

Thanks,
LesPauloholic
Hi there! Mine is a 2008 and I am on the same boat you were 10 years ago. Any luck?