The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 161 to 177 of 177
  1. #161

    Re: Official CS-356 and 336 Registry (post your pics here)

    Today, I got an email from the LPF that clay had uploaded some new photos. Indeed great shots and great subject matter. However in going through the 4 pages I noted that many of the photos that had been uploaded are gone, either to source link inactivity, removal, cancellation https://www.flickr.com/photos/187397...7631055892184/ or change to a link, etc, which is one of the big reasons I do not like having to upload a photo to a third location and then link that location to here. We should be able to upload directly to the group.

  2. #162
    Les Paul Forum Member clayville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    5,709

    Re: Official CS-356 and 336 Registry (post your pics here)

    Would certainly make life easier for the users, but I bet it's expensive to host. Took me a while to figure out how to post a Flickr photo without all the "footer stuff" they provide with the code... and Thanks!

  3. #163

    Re: Official CS-356 and 336 Registry (post your pics here)

    Clay - it never gets old! Thanks

  4. #164
    Les Paul Forum Member bma3008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Vietiane - Laos
    Posts
    1

    Re: Official CS-356 and 336 Registry (post your pics here)

    Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. Just wanted to share some pics of my newly acquired CS-356 Koa top. I understand it's a rare bird and consider myself lucky to have found one
    Her serial # is CS 001815. I wonder how many of these Koa top were made and what is the production years range (?) Thanks in advance for your replies !
    Best wishes. Bertrand





  5. #165

    Re: Official CS-356 and 336 Registry (post your pics here)

    Quote Originally Posted by bma3008 View Post

    Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. Just wanted to share some pics of my newly acquired CS-356 Koa top. I understand it's a rare bird and consider myself lucky to have found one Her serial # is CS 001815. I wonder how many of these Koa top were made and what is the production years range (?) Thanks in advance for your replies !Best wishes. Bertrand
    Welcome!

    Can't tell you how many or what years, but I remember hanging out with Saul Frank at his shop Centre City Music when he had several koa 356s there! I think it was 2005-7 timeframe. And lefties, too. I couldn't afford one, and have yet to see one pop up for sale.

    For a long time Tommy Shaw was top of the website for CC Music with a translucent blue maple top 356! I miss Saul and his commitment to lefty Gibsons.

    Enjoy this...

  6. #166

    Re: Official CS-356 and 336 Registry (post your pics here)

    Very nice!
    the faster we go the rounder we get

  7. #167
    Les Paul Forum Member 1jamman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    So.Florida
    Posts
    592

    Re: Official CS-356 and 336 Registry (post your pics here)

    Great looking 356 .....

  8. #168
    Les Paul Forum Member clayville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    5,709

    Re: Official CS-356 and 336 Registry (post your pics here)

    Nice looking Koa 356 - welcome to the club.
    Most of the Koa 356s have come out of special limited runs done for a few of the top-level independent dealers, perhaps 3 to 5 out of 25 made at a time for the likes of now-defunct Centre City and Music Machine a couple of times a year in the mid-2000s and Wildwood or Music Zoo a bit later. There may have been a few for Musician's Friend/Private Reserve at one point. These runs typically include 'exotic' non-standard colors and more rarely exotic woods like quilted maple, koa, or korina. In Wildwood's case they've done non-standard specs - different necks and headstocks, or custom pickups in additions to non-standard woods and colors on runs of 356s and 336s). I'm guessing there probably weren't many more than 15-25 Koa 356s made in a given year, probably less than 200 overall - and very few lately. [But that's just a hunch as a close observer of the model over the last 15 years]

  9. #169

    Re: Official CS-356 and 336 Registry (post your pics here)

    Quote Originally Posted by clayville View Post
    Nice looking Koa 356 - welcome to the club.
    Most of the Koa 356s have come out of special limited runs done for a few of the top-level independent dealers, perhaps 3 to 5 out of 25 made at a time for the likes of now-defunct Centre City and Music Machine a couple of times a year in the mid-2000s and Wildwood or Music Zoo a bit later. There may have been a few for Musician's Friend/Private Reserve at one point. These runs typically include 'exotic' non-standard colors and more rarely exotic woods like quilted maple, koa, or korina. In Wildwood's case they've done non-standard specs - different necks and headstocks, or custom pickups in additions to non-standard woods and colors on runs of 356s and 336s). I'm guessing there probably weren't many more than 15-25 Koa 356s made in a given year, probably less than 200 overall - and very few lately. [But that's just a hunch as a close observer of the model over the last 15 years]
    Great info, Clayville. And as always, yours is the One 356 to rule them all


    Here's Tommy Shaw with his CCM 356, posing inside of CCM


  10. #170

    Re: Official CS-356 and 336 Registry (post your pics here)

    Mine from the Zoo


  11. #171
    Les Paul Forum Member clayville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    5,709

    Re: Official CS-356 and 336 Registry (post your pics here)

    Quote Originally Posted by jb_abides View Post
    Great info, Clayville. And as always, yours is the One 356 to rule them all
    I can't remember if I've related this here (so forgive me), but your comment hits so close to "home" and the truth of the matter I might as well: back in the day in my real life, I was the guy in charge of all Tolkien book publishing in the USA leading up to and through the heady movie years for The Lord of the Rings. My CS-356 was bought with bonus money earned from navigating those waters safely for the books and Tolkien's legacy as best I could (I had nothing to do with PJ and the movies themselves, though I once had lunch with Richard Taylor and Sean Astin and did an event with Viggo for the "making of the movie" books we also published). So... I've always called it my Fires of Mount Doom guitar.

  12. #172

    Re: Official CS-356 and 336 Registry (post your pics here)

    Quote Originally Posted by clayville View Post
    I can't remember if I've related this here (so forgive me), but your comment hits so close to "home" and the truth of the matter I might as well: back in the day in my real life, I was the guy in charge of all Tolkien book publishing in the USA leading up to and through the heady movie years for The Lord of the Rings. My CS-356 was bought with bonus money earned from navigating those waters safely for the books and Tolkien's legacy as best I could (I had nothing to do with PJ and the movies themselves, though I once had lunch with Richard Taylor and Sean Astin and did an event with Viggo for the "making of the movie" books we also published). So... I've always called it my Fires of Mount Doom guitar.
    First I've heard this, and I followed your 356 posts for a while... awesomeness!

  13. #173
    Les Paul Forum Member ZZ Not's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    In a mellow mood
    Posts
    689

    Re: Official CS-356 and 336 Registry (post your pics here)

    Quote Originally Posted by bma3008 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. Just wanted to share some pics of my newly acquired CS-356 Koa top. I understand it's a rare bird and consider myself lucky to have found one
    Her serial # is CS 001815. I wonder how many of these Koa top were made and what is the production years range (?) Thanks in advance for your replies !
    Best wishes. Bertrand




    Welcome to the forum. What way to enter the room! Gorgeous guitar.
    The best responses we get from an audience are when we do our worst material.
    - Frank Zappa

  14. #174

    Re: Official CS-356 and 336 Registry (post your pics here)

    This thread is still alive!!

    latest picture on my #14 356 CA she just turn 15.

    [IMG][/IMG]

  15. #175
    Les Paul Forum Member clayville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    5,709

    Re: Official CS-356 and 336 Registry (post your pics here)

    Quote Originally Posted by (urlym@ple View Post
    This thread is still alive!!

    latest picture on my #14 356 CA she just turn 15.
    Happy birthday, sister!
    -- Music Machine CS-356 #18

  16. #176
    Les Paul Forum Member axeman565758's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    northern NJ
    Posts
    858

    Re: Official CS-356 and 336 Registry (post your pics here)

    My 2018 CS-336 P90 M2M. I really liked the idea of Gibson making an all mahogany 336, but didn't like the wrap tail or the 3-on-a-plate white plastic tuners. I also wanted a HUGE, FAT neck. Here's the result: ABR1 bridge, Grover nickel Rotos and a massive/fat/beefy/big shouldered neck ( as evidenced in the last photo), measuring in at 1.031" at the 1st fret. A true baseball bat neck. I absolutely love this guitar. Another post has the '57 Goldtop R7 I ordered right after receiving this one.




    Guitars:
    2018 '57 Les Paul Goldtop M2M
    2018 CS-336 P90 M2M TV Yellow
    2016 '60 Fender NOS Telecaster Custom Black
    2011 '60 Fender NOS "NoNeck" Strat Olympic White
    1990 Guild D-4NT acoustic
    1981 Guild D-15 Mahogany, w/ Fishman Rare Earth p'up


    Amps:
    1993 Fender '63 Vibroverb RI Brown/Wheat 2X10
    2016 '65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI, FSR Wine Red/Wheat 1X12
    2016 Mather Cabinets Fender Style etc cabinet Wine Red/Wheat 1X10

  17. #177
    Les Paul Forum Member renderit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,606

    Re: Official CS-356 and 336 Registry (post your pics here)

    NOW THAT'S A FIDDLE! Love the finish, love the NECK! AWESOME! I love a FAT neck on a 3XX! First dibs if you wanna get rid of it!


Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Scroll Down And Click On All Of Our Sponsors' Logos For Their Websites!