• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Official CS-356 and 336 Registry (post your pics here)

mmcquain

Damn you, McQuain!!! I just bought an R9 less than a week ago. I thought my GAS would be under control for a while. Then you had to go and do this! Seeing all these beauties, I'm starting to feel the pains of GAS again! I thought I would have more rest than that. You are now my wallet's sworn enemy!...

:rofl Always glad to help with the GAS pains! :hee
Actually, since I just got word that I'm being laid off at the end of March, I'm now my OWN worst enemy when it comes to GAS pains. :wah :rofl

Mcquain...I LOVe my 336 and 339. We'll have to compare notes in Gboro.
JM

Looking forward to it - but it could all change depending on how the job hunt goes (or doesn't go) :hmm

LeftyLP

Well here's a lefty I nearly pulled the trigger on, but I wasn't a huge fan of the trans black finish and the binding was really yellow. I did love how it sounded and played...sometimes I regret not scooping it up.
Gibson356_1.jpg

Frank C

Heres mine, its a ES not CS 336..you really cant tell from the bad pic but it has the strait pull headstock.

100_0186.jpg

100_0798.jpg

Last edited:

andreja marovic

Smaller pics...Click to enlarge:ganz :

:bigal :bigal :welcome
Gitfiddler...man where have you found this Baby? Never seen one of those with a Trapeze tail!!! no bound headstock and abalone cloud inlays!!!
Wow...must have been a special order for you.
The Bigsby is a nice addition, I would have done the same.
Enjoy and play it in great health (together with the Heritage and Johnny A's).
You sure like the holow body fiddles...
Andreja:2zone

ES345

Heres mine, its a ES not CS 336..you really cant tell from the bad pic but it has the strait pull headstock.

100_0186.jpg

100_0798.jpg

Looks like what became the paul jackson jr. model, nicest i have seen of this model.

peace

Gitfiddler

:bigal :bigal :welcome
Gitfiddler...man where have you found this Baby? Never seen one of those with a Trapeze tail!!! no bound headstock and abalone cloud inlays!!!
Wow...must have been a special order for you.
The Bigsby is a nice addition, I would have done the same.
Enjoy and play it in great health (together with the Heritage and Johnny A's).
You sure like the holow body fiddles...
Andreja:2zone

Hello Andreja! Man, you sure have a way with words!:dude:
I do love hollow and semi-hollow gits, my friend.
This one is very, very special...a cross between a fat-neck R9 and 335.

All the best! :salude

TNuT

Let me go on record as saying I enjoyed all your pics...and....I hate all you guys :jim

Lusting for a haller body.....

R

RedSkyDog

Just saw this thread and thought I would add to the registry the '07 CS-336 I acquired last year. Believe it or not, this beautiful and flamey 336 was sold to me as a plain top 336P! :ganz The Custom Shop COA accurately list this one as a CS-336F, not 336P. The unique (for this model) gull-wing flame reminds me of my Duane. It has a great neck, the tone is incredible and is currently my #1 gigging Gibson. I have more people ask about this guitar during gigs than any other I gig with...and I gig with some sweet ones! :2cool

RSDCS336.jpg

ES345

Just saw this thread and thought I would add to the registry the '07 CS-336 I acquired last year. Believe it or not, this beautiful and flamey 336 was sold to me as a plain top 336P! :ganz The Custom Shop COA accurately list this one as a CS-336F, not 336P. The unique (for this model) gull-wing flame reminds me of my Duane. It has a great neck, the tone is incredible and is currently my #1 gigging Gibson. I have more people ask about this guitar during gigs than any other I gig with...and I gig with some sweet ones! :2cool

RSDCS336.jpg

you can't go wrong with a beautiful sunburst, always has been my preference, sunburst and natural finishes have stood the test of time, any you have a beauty, most importantly it must sound and play good, and judging from your comments it does.

peace

clayville

Some real nice additions to the "club" up above! :salude

FWIW, I'm real partial to the black knobs on my 356, but I can never make up my mind what looks better on the sunbursts.... gold... black... gold... black.:hmm And gitfiddler's seem to have morphed in midstream! Perhaps it's a 336/rosewood and 356/ebony thing? :applaude

jb_abides

Some real nice additions to the "club" up above! :salude

FWIW, I'm real partial to the black knobs on my 356, but I can never make up my mind what looks better on the sunbursts.... gold... black... gold... black.:hmm And gitfiddler's seem to have morphed in midstream! Perhaps it's a 336/rosewood and 356/ebony thing? :applaude

I may try some of those Amber Vintage ones for a spell... :hmm