• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Official CS-356 and 336 Registry (post your pics here)

mmcquain

...Am I the only one to take the scratchplate off tho'? ...I have no idea what year that equates to though! Anyone know?

First, great looking axe. Clay is right about the serial #. I think your's is a 2002. And as for removing the pickguard, I too like 'em "naked". The guard always seemed to be in my way (I take 'em off my Les Pauls as well) and why should I cover up a great looking top?!?!? Here's my "naked lady"...

CS356_Shine6.jpg

Clay - WOW what a nice picture. Second only to mine :) I think your's in the nicest CS356 around.

LostDog

Real nice shots with the shallow depth of field focus going on...
:dude:

Thanks Clayville, but you pics do look much more professional (and your guitar has one of the greatest tops I have ever seen :bug ). What camera and lense did you use for your pics ?

clayville

What camera and lense did you use for your pics ?

Thanks, but I just got lucky with a few shots -- it's a (relatively) ancient Nikon Coolpix 800 point-and-shoot. Flash off, on a tripod using the timed-release feature (or whatever the thing is called that usually allows you to run around and get in the picture for family pics). That seems to hold the "jigglies" to a minimum. Also, on this last shot I needed to adjust the color and sharpness a teeny bit to make it more true to life, and it's still a bit too heavy in the reds/oranges. The color in my avatar is about the closest I've ever caught. The camera seems to be a bit red-heavy generally (and the couch and evening light here seems to exaggerate that).
Now back to regularly scheduled programming!:)

Monroe

Newest member of the family. CS91199
6.75lbs, Antique SB, Figured Top.

cs91199_lg3.jpg

cs91199_lg2.jpg

cs91199_lg1.jpg

cs91199_lg4.jpg

clayville

That's a verrrrry handsome guitar. Welcome aboard and... Enjoy!
:salude

mmcquain

Hokey Smokes! Not that I need another one, but... anyone else see the "Faded Maple Leaf Burst" (and quilted natural Korina) CS-356s at Wildwood? :wow
http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/electrics/gibson/es/cs92504/cs92504.php

Clay - You're killing me here... I purposely avoid Wildwood, etc. right now as I have no money and don't need to deal with the extra GAS pains and then you have to post that link!!! :spabout
That is one NICE looking guitar. And this one is pretty sweet too...
http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/electrics/gibson/es/cs92955/cs92955.php

23miles

Are the 336 and 356 models still in production? I couldn't find a mention of them of the Gibson website.
BTW, it might just be me but I think that Gibson made their website virtually unusable.

Rare Form

Are the 336 and 356 models still in production? I couldn't find a mention of them of the Gibson website.
BTW, it might just be me but I think that Gibson made their website virtually unusable.

23 Miles,
Yes they are still available. You would probably have to order from a dealer. And yes Gibson's new site is pretty much useless. The 356 is a great guitar. I sold one to fund the Lifeson (a life long dream) But, I am missing the smaller semi-hollow. I think I may be getting another 356 soon.

mmcquain

([EMAIL="urlym@ple;2004112 said:
Ms"]urlym@ple;2004112]Ms[/EMAIL]. Molly #14 03 356 CA...

DSC00990.jpg
That is a great looking guitar... love the stinger headstock look. Congrats!!!

(urlym@ple

That is a great looking guitar... love the stinger headstock look. Congrats!!!

Thanks, mmcquain!
Got it from Gene a while ago. This guitar really is in the league of it's own.... in a good way that is. Hollow body rocks!:peace2
DSC00753.jpg

mmcquain

2002 ES-356:

2002_Gibson_ES-356.JPG

2003 CS-336 12-String Prototype:

2003_Gibson_CS-336_12-String_Prototype_Orangeburst.JPG

Mike-
I love the tops on both of those guitars. The red flame is so much nicer IMO than the red of something like a 335 with a plain top. And Tangerine Burst is my second favorite finish for these guitars after my honeyburst.

That 12-string is cool. I had no idea they'd ever done even a prototype 12 for the 356 line... very cool!!!
-Mike

PHILBERT

Did Gibson ever do the 356 in alpine white?

That is what I'm waiting for!

Phil :jim