The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 160 of 373
  1. #121
    Les Paul Forum Member tooold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Inadvertently representing the USA in France and the UK
    Posts
    2,059

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdseye View Post
    I also have a '95 R4, # 4 5780, goldtop.
    that is to say, I'd love to see photos of your R4!!!
    Last edited by tooold; 01-10-08 at 11:39 AM.

  2. #122

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    What do you guys think of posting 1 pic per year to show what the guitars looked like then? I guess first come first serve basis would be fair? got any ideas? This way, we have a visual reference data base of sorts as well

  3. #123
    Les Paul Forum Member fjminor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Between Nothingness and Eternity
    Posts
    3,622

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Hi Danelectro

    You can add this item to 2008 Historics...thanks to SealNYC for the info:

    - New COA for CustomShop Guitars

    Quote Originally Posted by SealNYC View Post
    No more orange or tan certs...

    "Gibson logo is printed on the outside cover with an embossed logo on the certificate inside. This new COA ‘book’ measures 5” wide x 6-1/2” high (when closed) and will be placed inside the case pocket of every regular guitar shipping in 2008 and beyond. The “Inspired By” series will also include a COA book but will be more personalized to reflect each specific artist."

    Pretty cool little package



  4. #124
    Les Paul Froum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7,672

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by kink56 View Post
    Wow, those R4s do not show up in the catalog until 97. These must be pretty rare!! 780? They sure must have made a LOT of R4s between the GTs and the Customs in 1995? I really DOUBT they made that many R4s!! They probably did not even make that many R9s! (usually the most numerous in most years, except 2001 and 2002) Which raises the question....I know that since at LEAST 1999 each series R2, R4, R6, R7 etc had its own sequential SN. That is there could be a 4 9001, 6 9001, 7 9001, 9 9001, 0 9001 and so on. But is it possible that ALL Rs intermixed within the SAME sequence in the early/mid 90s? That is 4 5001, 6 5002, 7 5003, 8 5004, 9 5005, 0 5006, like this?
    I would REALLY like this SN thing answered by someone who knows, please do not let it die off.

  5. #125
    In the Zone/Backstage Pass moonpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Somewhere between right and wrong.
    Posts
    9,781

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    I think the guitars out of the Custom Shop were sequential in the early 90's regardless of which model.

    IE: 2 0001 could be a Classic, 2 0002 a Reissue, 2 0003 a custom order and so on.

    I wouldn't bet my life on it, though.
    Maybe one of your legs, but not my life



    IF YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE, YOU'RE JUST ASKING FOR IT!




  6. #126
    Les Paul Forum Member TT100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    MEMPHIS
    Posts
    4,723

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Great thread!

    If this helps anything, my '01 R4 appears to have black side markers, did not have a lightweight bridge (same part as the tailpiece used with TOM guitars?), has the rounded corner milky white inlays, greenish tuner buttons, "pink" switchring and p90 covers and a very dark rosewood board.

    Serial number is 4 10xx (under 10). Trying to get date information on Gibson's forum a few years ago I was told there were no available records but depending on production requirements the numbers could be mixed between the R4 GT and R4 BB. My son's birthdate is Jan 7th 2001 so I'm happy to believe that it was "made" on his birthdate.

    So, at what point during construction is the serial number inked on? When the neck and body are mated? Finish applied? After QC? If before final QC would there be missing numbers because of rejected guitars or would the numbers be re-used, then out of sequence?

    Inquiring minds and all that...

    Thanks,

    TT
    Life is short but it's wide.

  7. #127
    Les Paul Froum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7,672

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie View Post
    I think the guitars out of the Custom Shop were sequential in the early 90's regardless of which model.

    IE: 2 0001 could be a Classic, 2 0002 a Reissue, 2 0003 a custom order and so on.

    I wouldn't bet my life on it, though.
    Maybe one of your legs, but not my life
    Yes this is true of the PreHistorics. I just wonder if this went on with the Historics as well for a few years?

  8. #128
    In the Zone/Backstage Pass moonpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Somewhere between right and wrong.
    Posts
    9,781

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection



    I'm a bit slow at times.



    IF YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE, YOU'RE JUST ASKING FOR IT!




  9. #129
    Les Paul Forum Member PatentAppliedFor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Great NW
    Posts
    11,741

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Great thread, sticky it shall be!


  10. #130
    Les Paul Forum Member 55Custom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,251

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by alexanderja View Post

    For those who are interested, I phoned Gibson today (waste of time as usual) they said that they have no records and cannot verify if Eastern or Western maple was used at 'ANY' time.....just that they have used both throughout.
    !!
    +1


    '03 Stingers had the confirmed Eastern, that's what separated them from the other 03's.



    2007
    *
    * Real honduran mahogany.............
    *
    That's just unsubstantiated heresay, unless there is documented proof.

  11. #131

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by kink56 View Post
    You recently won it on ebay, right?
    Yes thats correct, the seller is a guy in Japan who speacialises in 59 Historics and he does get some very nice pieces in.

  12. #132

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by kink56 View Post
    Wow, those R4s do not show up in the catalog until 97. These must be pretty rare!! 780? They sure must have made a LOT of R4s between the GTs and the Customs in 1995? I really DOUBT they made that many R4s!! They probably did not even make that many R9s! (usually the most numerous in most years, except 2001 and 2002) Which raises the question....I know that since at LEAST 1999 each series R2, R4, R6, R7 etc had its own sequential SN. That is there could be a 4 9001, 6 9001, 7 9001, 9 9001, 0 9001 and so on. But is it possible that ALL Rs intermixed within the SAME sequence in the early/mid 90s? That is 4 5001, 6 5002, 7 5003, 8 5004, 9 5005, 0 5006, like this?
    I think you are right!! Some of the serial numbers on older historics are too high and would suggest production numbers way above the numbers that would have been produced, so Gibson must have been amalgamating serial numbers somehow. Then again I have a Murphy aged Goldtop from 2000 # 7 01025, obviously the 7 means 1957, the 0 means 2000, but does that mean this was the 1025th 57 reissue made that year? That seems an awful lot?

  13. #133
    Les Paul Forum Member 55Custom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,251

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    ^^ '00 and '01 were big production years. I had an '01 Murphy R7 with
    711XXX serial number.

    On the early '90's historics like that '95, Gibson said at the time, that there were some historics issued where the last 3 digits were "custom shop" numbers, and not typical Historic sequential numbers. They said those numbers were used for special orders. For instance, "784" was an R4, but 785 could have been a completely different custom shop model and not even a Les Paul. This format was still active on a small number of historics through at least 1996. By 1998 they were using "CSxxxx" to designate special orders, but not even that was consistent. I owned examples of each type of such numbers back inthe '90's and made inquiries at that time.

  14. #134
    Les Paul Forum Member MIKE20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Reflectorland
    Posts
    7,685

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie View Post
    I think the guitars out of the Custom Shop were sequential in the early 90's regardless of which model.

    IE: 2 0001 could be a Classic, 2 0002 a Reissue, 2 0003 a custom order and so on.

    I wouldn't bet my life on it, though.
    Maybe one of your legs, but not my life
    they were sequential regardless of model...

  15. #135
    Les Paul Froum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7,672

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Okay then what year did they separate R7s R8s R9s R0s into separate sequences? 1999?

  16. #136
    Les Paul Forum Member MIKE20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Reflectorland
    Posts
    7,685

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by kink56 View Post
    Okay then what year did they separate R7s R8s R9s R0s into separate sequences? 1999?
    all I know for sure is from '03 and up they are separate...

  17. #137
    Les Paul Froum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7,672

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    But then again the R7s and R9s of 1994 had their own sequences! And the 50 R8s of 1994 were SN 8 4001-8 4050!! So it seems that the high numbers on those R4s just don't make any sence. Maybe Gibson is JUST NOT CONSISTANT or logical?!

  18. #138

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by kink56 View Post
    But then again the R7s and R9s of 1994 had their own sequences! And the 50 R8s of 1994 were SN 8 4001-8 4050!! So it seems that the high numbers on those R4s just don't make any sence. Maybe Gibson is JUST NOT CONSISTANT or logical?!
    I'm fairly sure that all R9's from '93 thru to '98 had their own number sequence, not sure about the rest of the historic range, but you don't tend to see R9's from that period with huge numbers, ie the highest numbers only seem to show 400 or 500 max made. Anyone seen an R9 from the '93 to '98 period with over 600+ in the last 3 digits? Obviously in '99 they started making them by the cart load so I'm only taking about pre-99.

  19. #139

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Gibson Electric Serialization

    Taken from the 11 th Edition Blue Book of Electric Guitars
    By Zachary R. Fjestad


    In 1992, the serialization of reissues became standard. The configuration
    of M YNNN is still in use by Gibson. The M indicates the model code,
    specifically the last digit of the year of the reissue. The Y indicates the last
    number of the year of the guitar, and the NNN are the production numbers.
    For example, 4 8256 indicates a 1954 Les Paul reissue built in 1998
    and is the 256th instrument of the year. The following codes represent
    most of the reissues:
    NUMBER MODELS
    2 = 1952 LES PAUL
    4 = 1954 LES PAUL
    6 = 1956 LES PAUL
    7 = 1957 LES PAUL
    8 = 1958 LES PAUL
    9 = 1959 LES PAUL
    0 = 1960 LES PAUL


    EDIT: It does say “MOST” of their reissues, eluding to the years where
    Specials, Juniors, Explorers, and Flying Vee, reissues for that year would
    have been included in the numbers, when applicable.
    Last edited by delawaregold; 01-14-08 at 08:06 PM.
    The original Idiot Savant

  20. #140

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by 55Custom View Post
    '03 Stingers had the confirmed Eastern, that's what separated them from the other 03's.
    You know that is not true, as you and I have debated this before,
    yet you continue to spout your empirical knowledge as fact.
    Post something from a reputable source, show some documentation,
    as I have done so many times in the past, or label your post as opinion.
    You continue to mislead and confuse this, as well as many other issues.
    The original Idiot Savant

  21. #141
    Les Paul Forum Member 55Custom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,251

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by delawaregold View Post
    You know that is not true, as you and I have debated this before,
    yet you continue to spout your empirical knowledge as fact.
    Post something from a reputable source, show some documentation,
    as I have done so many times in the past, or label your post as opinion.
    You continue to mislead and confuse this, as well as many other issues.
    Your replies to my posts continue to be completely wrong.

    Here is the info on the STinger eastern maple tops.
    www.stingerguitars.com/story6.htm

    In addition, read what the stinger owners were saying in 2003 about their guitars and the maple top discussions of that time.

    Regarding the other allegations of Eastern maple read post #116 which I quoted below.
    His reseach yielded the same results as mine did from a couple of years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by alexanderja View Post

    For those who are interested, I phoned Gibson today (waste of time as usual) they said that they have no records and cannot verify if Eastern or Western maple was used at 'ANY' time.....just that they have used both throughout.
    !!
    The Stingers had *confirmed* Eastern maple. Hit or miss with the others.

  22. #142

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    All that says is that Only Eastern Maple was used on the Stinger Series
    guitars, it makes no mention of the rest of the 2003 Historics either way.

    Gibson did use both Eastern and Western Maple for the Historic guitars
    since 1994, but since 2003 forward, Western Maple was only used by
    special order request, primarily for Quilt tops.


    Give people the whole story, and not just what you want them to hear!


    The original Idiot Savant

  23. #143
    Les Paul Forum Member 55Custom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,251

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    I am aware of Carpenter's post, however, Gibson does not confirm it. Repeatedly, they refuse to confirm it. That's the rest of the whole story that you left out.

    Whenever, contradictory information comes from Gibson, it renders that particular issue as *inconclusive*.

    Another example, would be the Brazilian Historics made after May 31, 2003.
    Do they exist? Yes, according to some, No according to others - and reportedly both answers come from personnel at Gibson.

  24. #144

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by 55Custom View Post
    I am aware of Carpenter's post, however, Gibson does not confirm it. Repeatedly, they refuse to confirm it. That's the rest of the whole story that you left out.

    Whenever, contradictory information comes from Gibson, it renders that particular issue as *inconclusive*.
    Nothing contradictory or inconclusive in what Gibson says:

    Quote Originally Posted by alexanderja View Post
    For those who are interested, I phoned Gibson today (waste of time as usual) they said that they have no records and cannot verify if Eastern or Western maple was used at 'ANY' time.....just that they have used both throughout.
    They have no records, it could have been used at any time,
    (anytime someone special ordered it)
    and it was used throughout. (to make Quilt Tops)
    I don’t see any contradiction to what Dave said , AT ALL.
    Just the usual Gibson Spin.
    The original Idiot Savant

  25. #145
    Les Paul Froum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7,672

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    The Bluebook quote is wrong if only for the fact this serialzation did not start until mid 1993 with the introduction of the Historic Reissues (not Historic collection which started in 1991) Now I am sure they used this serial number method in 1992 with the prototypes. But I have owned 1993 preHistoric Les Paul RIs (and Mike Slub has some in his various articles too) That started with a 3.

  26. #146
    Les Paul Forum Member el84ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    1,323

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Add to the list that the '01s came with ceramic disc caps. At least my R8 did. Also butterscotch finish for the R8s.

  27. #147
    Les Paul Froum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7,672

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    How do we account for 740 GT R4s? A Model that was not even in the catalog until 1997.. are we saying these are part of the generic Customshop sequence?

  28. #148
    Les Paul Forum Member 55Custom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,251

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by delawaregold View Post
    :



    They have no records, it could have been used at any time,

    and it was used throughout.
    .
    They have NO records confirming the claim about Eastern maple in Carpenter's post. To say that they only use Eastern maple except for special orders is unconfirmed. Unsubstantiated. That could mean they are using Western Maple on any number of Historics. Hundreds or thousands. We don't have confirmation on those numbers.

  29. #149

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by 55Custom View Post
    They have NO records confirming the claim about Eastern maple in Carpenter's post. To say that they only use Eastern maple except for special orders is unconfirmed. Unsubstantiated. That could mean they are using Western Maple on any number of Historics. Hundreds or thousands. We don't have confirmation on those numbers.
    One can use that argument both ways
    (and I will)
    If they have no records, they can't confirm it,
    and they can't deny it, now can they?
    I have always found Dave to be honest and forthright.
    Can you say the same about Gibson?
    The original Idiot Savant

  30. #150

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by kink56 View Post
    The Bluebook quote is wrong if only for the fact this serialzation did not start until mid 1993 with the introduction of the Historic Reissues (not Historic collection which started in 1991) Now I am sure they used this serial number method in 1992 with the prototypes. But I have owned 1993 preHistoric Les Paul RIs (and Mike Slub has some in his various articles too) That started with a 3.
    This is just my opinion from reading some of the accompanying text.
    They was some things going on with the Custom Shop other than the
    Historic Program. The team working on the Historic Program were
    using that numbering system. I don’t think it was meant to imply that
    everything coming out of the CS was using that system.
    The original Idiot Savant

  31. #151
    Les Paul Forum Member 55Custom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,251

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by delawaregold View Post

    If they have no records, they can't confirm it,
    and they can't deny it, now can they?
    ?
    That's what renders the issue *inconclusive*. Dave's claim is just a claim, it is not confirmed. It is heresay. It is unsubstantiated by Gibson. That's not Dave's fault. Gibson has the final say, not a dealer.

    Quote Originally Posted by delawaregold View Post

    I have always found Dave to be honest and forthright.
    Can you say the same about Gibson?
    Dave's cool, Gibson isn't. That's the problem. Gibson gives contradictory information - they are the source of discrepancies in a lot of cases..

  32. #152

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by kink56 View Post
    How do we account for 740 GT R4s? A Model that was not even in the catalog until 1997.. are we saying these are part of the generic Customshop sequence?
    They would have been in the sequence of the year they were made.

    4 YNNN

    4 = Model

    Y = Year of manufacture
    N =
    N =
    N = Number of production in that years Historic Line.
    The original Idiot Savant

  33. #153
    Les Paul Froum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7,672

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by delawaregold View Post
    This is just my opinion from reading some of the accompanying text.
    They was some things going on with the Custom Shop other than the
    Historic Program. The team working on the Historic Program were
    using that numbering system. I don’t think it was meant to imply that
    everything coming out of the CS was using that system.
    I just think he got his year off by one. I have YET to see a Les Paul Reissue use the m Yxxx format (outside prototypes) until the Historic Long Tenoned Les Paul Reissues of mid 1993. Now, just because I have not seen or heard of one, does not mean it is not possible.


    Unfortunately I dumped the photos, but I HAVE seen Historic Black Beauty Customs in 94 and 95 that had a 4 and a 5 as the first digit respectively. Which flies in the face of what is to be expected (a 7) The 1994 had a Historic Collection Decal, like those seen on late 93/early 94 R7 GTs and R9 Flametops.


    What REALLY pisses me off, is why can't Gibson have the definative, quick and accurate answers to ALL and ANY of these questions? ESPECIALLY anything that has gone on since 1987?

  34. #154
    Les Paul Froum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7,672

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by delawaregold View Post
    They would have been in the sequence of the year they were made.

    4 YNNN

    4 = Model

    Y = Year of manufacture
    N =
    N =
    N = Number of production in that years Historic Line.
    Yes, but there is also evidence that R7s R8s and R9s in 1994 have their OWN sequence (just like now) and you could have a 7 4025, a 8 4025 and a 9 4025. So why would they MIX the R4 into another models sequence? (which they must have, because I doubt if they made more than a few dozen R4s each year before 1997)

  35. #155
    Les Paul Froum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7,672

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by 55Custom View Post
    ^^ '00 and '01 were big production years. I had an '01 Murphy R7 with
    711XXX serial number.

    On the early '90's historics like that '95, Gibson said at the time, that there were some historics issued where the last 3 digits were "custom shop" numbers, and not typical Historic sequential numbers. They said those numbers were used for special orders. For instance, "784" was an R4, but 785 could have been a completely different custom shop model and not even a Les Paul. This format was still active on a small number of historics through at least 1996. By 1998 they were using "CSxxxx" to designate special orders, but not even that was consistent. I owned examples of each type of such numbers back inthe '90's and made inquiries at that time.
    If this is true, it solves the mystery. 4 5740 does NOT mean the 740th R4 of 1995. Just the 740th Customshop Guitar that is NOT part of the regular SN sequence for R9s R7s R8s etc.

    It makes sense (to the evidence we have) that ALL along, since mid 1993, the R7s R9s R0s etc have there OWN SEPARATE sequence, and special orders like a R4 or whatever run in a larger group.


    There were aproximently 2500 R9s in 1999, over 2000 in the year 2000, 800 in 2001 and 300 in 2002. Somewhere around 400 in 94 and in 95-98 500-600 a year. Now they make well over 1500-2000 a year since 2003.

  36. #156
    Les Paul Forum Member 55Custom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,251

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by kink56 View Post

    There were aproximently 2500 R9s in 1999, over 2000 in the year 2000, 800 in 2001 and 300 in 2002. .
    We need to revisit the situation in those years. 902006 was the highest serial # I came across for '00, so yes a big year.
    Then in 2001 Gibson's website said there would only be 500 R9's made in 2001. I had 9 1882 from the fall of '01. Some people here said (years ago) that a certain block within the sequence went to Japan, and that they had their own set of 500 R9's that year. Doesn't change totals much, but it explains why there can be big gaps in numbers based on only what we see here in the U.S.

  37. #157

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by 55Custom View Post
    Dave's cool, Gibson isn't. That's the problem. Gibson gives contradictory information - they are the source of discrepancies in a lot of cases..




    This article is from April 2005.
    Do you really believe that Gibson doesn't have the records?
    The original Idiot Savant

  38. #158
    Les Paul Forum Member 55Custom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,251

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by delawaregold View Post

    This article is from April 2005.
    Do you really believe that Gibson doesn't have the records?
    I know about the article about Smartwoods.
    But if Gibson's official stance is that they don't have the records, and/or will not confirm which tops are Western maple and which are Eastern maple, then the issue officially remains inconclusive - exact species of maple used not confirmed by Gibson publicly. Anyway, it has been and remains, a dead issue.
    Last edited by 55Custom; 01-15-08 at 02:32 AM.

  39. #159
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    64

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    For what it's worth re: the 1994's and the point below:

    '"Historic collection" decal still on the back of the headstock.'

    I have a November 1994 R6 which does not have the decal - unlike my '93 R7 which does. It is in original condition.

    Perhaps the decal was discontinued at some time during that year?
    Len
    "I have no fear of this machine" - Jeff Buckley

  40. #160
    Les Paul Forum Member codyfarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North of Lynchburg and East of Nashville, in the Great State of Tennessee...
    Posts
    522

    Re: Year-by-Year History of the Historic Les Paul Collection

    What a great database of information, I've considered finding one and it's good to have this as a reference point.
    law student...it's about all I have time for anymore

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Scroll Down And Click On All Of Our Sponsors' Logos For Their Websites!






i