• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

ZHANGBUCKER -- Humbucker spaced P90's

Zhangliqun

They're finally here after a long stretch of R&D. They're not 100% P90 sounding but to my ear they are pretty close -- a LOT closer than the other bucker-spaced 90's I've heard.

Standard bridge model: 12.1k ) with two Alnico 5 magnets. It's made with 43 PE wire, so it's equivalent to about 9.5k with 42 wire. Nice combo of cream, grind and violin-sweetness, is especially great for slide, gets pretty Duane/Fillmore-ish.

Standard neck: 7.3k with 42 wire, and A5 facing neck, A2 facing bridge. 7.3k is the max for 42 wire because that's all you can fit on the snub-ended P90 bobbins you have to use and have it fit under the cover. Very nice, woody "Sweet Child O' Mine" tone when overdriven and jazzy played clean.

For those who don't know, I do pretty much all custom work, so variations on the above are possible. Feel free to ask. For example, if you're concerned that 7.3k isn't enough in the neck, I can make a 43 wire version, or a mixed 42/43 wire version to crank the heat up -- or just make it all A5 instead of the A5/A2 mix.

Price is $65 nickel, $80 gold. Add $10 for tap.

Sets come with RWRP neck for hum-cancelling in the middle position, unless otherwise requested. Can also be made 3-conductor for phase reversal, no extra charge.