• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

OLD GROWTH MAHOGANY FROM CENTRAL AMERICA

Tim

First, before anyone asks, I will still be winding pickups late at night, so this endeavor will not slow me down with that. I will be tending to this mainly during my lunch break every day when I cannot wind pickups. If you would like a set of pickups, please contact me at timwhite(at)knology.net.

For about 200 years, trees were harvested in Central America by floating them down rivers. According to records, about half of the trees became waterlogged and sank. Today, Greener Logs Ltd. is pulling them out of the rivers and most of them are in a wonderfully preserved, pristine condition. If you really want to re-make your historic, this is the wood you will need to do it right! I may even take a stab at building my own guitars one day if I ever find the time...

I am the current rep for Greener Logs in the USA. I am just getting this going so please check out my small website for details and also where I document the origins of mahogany imports into the US - oldgrowthmahogany.com.

Thanks!
Tim

Last edited: