• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Les Paul through a Fender Deluxe Reverb

60pinstripe

I'm partial to the non reverb models.

Deluxe1.jpg

davess23

I play my R8 through a 72 SF, all orginal except caps, tubes and a 12F150 Weber speaker. Very sweet breakup after about 4 or so on the volume. The P-90's in my R6 sound great through this amp, too. An excellent blues rig.

Drawrein

+1 on the '72 SFDR, a great amp, Webers are the bomb, I wish I had the R6 to go with it.

Try a JJ in V2, they are warmer than most.............D

Skydogfan81

Better yet put a NOS Mullard, Amperex, or RCA in that thang!!! Warmer than the Tennessee River in July!

xstrada

I have a doubt. Change the mics of my paul trad 2014 for an ox4. Mics are fantastic but they are unpotted. I use a Deluxe Reverb and a King of tone overdrive (I use the channel 1 vibrato input). The sound is very good but passing the volume 4 or 4.5 using the 2 sides of the King of Tone turned on (a lot of gain) a lot of feedback is produced. Is this normal?

LeonC

I had a SF Deluxe for many years...I felt it was a bit to flabby with my humbucker guitars and tweaked it just a wee bit to tighten up the front end. I also changed the Trem circuit to the bias-vary in the Vibroverb, which I think sounds a lot better.

xstrada

I had a SF Deluxe for many years...I felt it was a bit to flabby with my humbucker guitars and tweaked it just a wee bit to tighten up the front end. I also changed the Trem circuit to the bias-vary in the Vibroverb, which I think sounds a lot better.

The Deluxe always make me smile. What a wonderful amp!

Can you tell me what volume you were playing?

Thank you. Very good tone!

LeonC

The Deluxe always make me smile. What a wonderful amp!

Can you tell me what volume you were playing?

Thank you. Very good tone!

Thanks. Yeah, volume on about 6, treble on about 5, bass a bit below 3. BTW, had a Cannabis Rex loaded in there. Great speaker for this amp!

BoomGuru

Hi Will,

A Deluxe sounds great with a Les Paul. Just about any volume setting produces some great tones; over "5" give you more girth and some breakup. Too high (like over "8") can fart out with humbuckers. :hank

Just came across this thread.

This comment is sooo true - I have a ‘64 DR... I just 666 the volume, treble and bass (it is a simple beast) and get a boost pedal if you want to push the gain more...