• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Joan Jett Melody Maker!!!

DanD

Odd thing with Gibson and the JJ MM. A couple of nights ago the link was up on Gibson's site and also some JJ info. Last night they pulled the link but still had the JJ MM listed as a week 45 guitar. Tonight Gibson dropped week 45 from the list altogether. The list goes from 44 to 46 now...:hmm

Anyone know what the issue could be?

J T

It's naked. I guess you have to put on the stickers yourself

M

Martin2

I think maybe she likes girls.......(which is OK , so do I.)
joanjettguitar.jpg

lpnv59

All Access/Backstage Pass
Here is a pic of Joans Melody Maker in the hands of its previous owner. Anyone here wanna guess who he is? :hmm
ecin19_1.jpg

Guitar_Mc

Here is a pic of Joans Melody Maker in the hands of its previous owner. Anyone here wanna guess who he is? :hmm
ecin19_1.jpg

That guitar has two humbuckers.
Its got four knobs, and a switch in the front & jack.
Joans has two knobs, one switch and one jack.

I don't think its the same guitar.
(Plus his guitar does not have any stickers :wah )

Don

I'd guess that's Eric Carmen and that's what her guitar looked like when he owned it and how she played it for a while, at least.

She's either had more work done on it or she has more than one.

Ham_Fist

That guitar has two humbuckers.
Its got four knobs, and a switch in the front & jack.
Joans has two knobs, one switch and one jack.

I don't think its the same guitar.
(Plus his guitar does not have any stickers :wah )

Here ya go.
GTRSLUNG.jpg

jjdk00010.jpg

From what I've gathered, she's always used that one. I'm sure she has more than one. And I'm sure this one has been through more than one pickguard, and probably quite a few stickers.

lpnv59

It is Eric Carmen from the Raspberries. And Joan bought his guitar years ago. Yeah I'm sure she's had some others made up. FINE! Poop on the fun trivia. :rofl

hutman777

ok Fonzies gilfriend ....''happy-days'' wuzz Suzie Q ... were her an Joan related ? I always thought so .. i no i degress but i'll bet she knows wata guitar is so thats good enough 4 me ... oh yea she wore leather

Ham_Fist

It is Eric Carmen from the Raspberries. And Joan bought his guitar years ago. Yeah I'm sure she's had some others made up. FINE! Poop on the fun trivia. :rofl

Hehe. I'm not really a big guitar trivia nerd. I'll leave that to the Clapton and Peter Green fanatics. Hell, I'm not really even a *huge* Joan Jett fan. I mean, I like her and all. That just happens to be one of my favorite guitars that a pro is "known for".

M

Martin2

It has a "velvet hammer" pickup. Good luck finding one of those....

Mr. Clean

I'm not a huge Joan Jett fan, but I gotta admit this guitar looks real cool.

Maybe it's been pulled because Jett did'nt give her full consent or some such thing. I hope not because it'd be a fun axe to have.

lpnv59

I'm not either. I loved her version of Gary Glitters "Do You Wanna Touch". But "I Love R&R" is fast becoming like "Midnight Hour", "Mustang Sally" or just about anything by Van Morrison. I want an extra $50.00 per song, or a 3 tune package for a buck and a quarter.:laugh2:

Eric Carmen in the Raspberries though was quite rockin!:wail

bangkok

ok Fonzies gilfriend ....''happy-days'' wuzz Suzie Q ... were her an Joan related ? I always thought so .. i no i degress but i'll bet she knows wata guitar is so thats good enough 4 me ... oh yea she wore leather

The Fonz's girlfriend was Pinkie Tusqadero, Suzie Quatro was Pinkie's little sister, Leather Tusqadero. Got it "Bucko"?

Man, it's kind of sad that I know this, but "Sit on it" woa!:2cool

Hammerhead

The Fonz's girlfriend was Pinkie Tusqadero, Suzie Quatro was Pinkie's little sister, Leather Tusqadero. Got it "Bucko"?

Man, it's kind of sad that I know this, but "Sit on it" woa!:2cool

I always thought it was a bit strange that Leather sang Devil Gate Drive - in the 50s.

Blue97FXSTC

...But "I Love R&R" is fast becoming like "Midnight Hour", "Mustang Sally" or just about anything by Van Morrison. I want an extra $50.00 per song, or a 3 tune package for a buck and a quarter.:laugh2:

Mustang Sally must be the most stepped on cover ever!

You forgot Wonderful Tonight and Gimme 3 Steps...

(I'll bet Gary Rossington himself hates playing that song!)

You like Joan's version of the Do You Wanna Touch song - how about the video?

JJ-Flash.jpg

Mike Shaw

"two knobs on top and a toggle switch in the middle down low:"

OK, now what about the guitar ...!? 8P