• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Eagles Don Felder Burst Tone 1977

Jake

Not sure of the specific details regarding Felder's departure. I do know that the lawsuits were either settled or thrown out (I believe the latter) and that Felder has a book about the Eagles coming out at the end of the month. Had mine on pre-order for a couple months now. Should be interesting, if one-sided. Like the others, I can't call it the Eagles without him. Just not the same.

gmann

Not sure of the specific details regarding Felder's departure. I do know that the lawsuits were either settled or thrown out (I believe the latter) and that Felder has a book about the Eagles coming out at the end of the month. Had mine on pre-order for a couple months now. Should be interesting, if one-sided. Like the others, I can't call it the Eagles without him. Just not the same.
Taking nothing away fm Felders talent it was The Eagles before him and it's still the Eagles. My .02 anyway!

musekatcher

Here's a video of his burst in 1974, it's not letting me embed - https://vimeo.com/200285248

12 year old thread, but nice print piece on Felder's tone and nice pre-Walsh video. Awesome. I like Walsh, but Felder was the better player all the way around. Maybe not as good a showman as Walsh though. Leadon was my fav, here on tele. See the pile of Fender amps at 4:20.