• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Did Pete Townshend destroyed real bursts in the 60´?

Skipped

Banker, you have your facts wrong. Had he not told the police he had done that, they actually would have had no evidence of him doing it.

Do you even know the facts behind this? Apparently not. .

To be fair, Banker is not the only person on this thread who seems not to be in possession of critical facts about what Townshend was doing in the years leading up to the arrest, who else was aware of these actions, and what evidence is available with regard to these 2 points...
Actually - this is an astonishing thread. To accuse a Multi-Millionaire of being a paedophile, either on Twitter or on LPF seems risky to me.*
In fact - It makes no sense.
If I were to throw out such a serious charge - in public - I would first do a little bit of research . And having done that research it would then be obvious that Townshend was telling the truth about his motivation for paying for access to that website, and it would also be obvious that had he rejected the caution and gone to trial, the evidence would have seen the case quickly dismissed.

* Of course the accusation of Paedophilia was made 6 years ago, so the forum member(s) should be able to sleep easy.
Or can they......?
You may have noticed that I am not a USA citizen, but, with regard to the statute of limitations on libel claims, if Pete Townshend were to join this forum tomorrow, a forum of which he was previously completely unaware, and was then to discover this thread, It is possible that his Lawyer might wish to argue that......

JJ Blair

Pete is the Killer of Clown Bursts. And for that, we should toast him.

:salude

19731105_newcastle_smash_th.jpg

B

Banker

I'm glad that you have such strong feelings about pedophiles, but you simply don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Sounds like your mind is closed to any facts, so I'm not going to try to convince you further. I'm just correcting the record.

You're right, I don't have first hand knowledge of the events.

I did find it astonishing that he didn't take the opportunity to clear his name at the time. His lawyers and the police would have explained the gravity of his situation, including implications of being on the SOR and having a criminal record (for the caution).

"Describing why he didn't choose to fight the allegations in court, he told The Times: "You know, I think I was exhausted. The police at Kingston station gave me half an hour to make a decision about whether to go to court or not. My lawyers were as surprised as I was because everyone thought I would be let off. And I thought that if I went to court they would fucking rip me apart."

So he goes from "white knight" investigator (his words) to being too meek to defend his name.

Sure, I guess it happens.

No more from me on this.