• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Calling all Page 1275 owners.... We have a situation...

Browneyes

How do we restring this big red beast? What Gauge strings are we using for the 12 string and where do we get them? :2cool

Page1275.jpg

rowman

That's what they didn't tell you when you bought the guitar. The reason that Gibson moved the stop tailpiece closer to the bridge in later models of the EDS-1275 was because of the string manufacturers. They were at least in the past hard to find, I would hope for your sake as well as others with this style of stop tailpiece that they're currently available. You may have to custom order a quantity of sets from your favorite brand maker. It might lower your overall cost over the long run. Good luck and good hunting. :wail

J T

Nice Score!:wail

I'll bet that D string will go on that post with the unwound part at the very end. Look on the bright side, you won't have to cut it.

Elliot Easton

How do we restring this big red beast? What Gauge strings are we using for the 12 string and where do we get them? :2cool

You got one? Congratulations! Remember what I said about those D and G strings! I still don't know why Page's doubleneck had the tailpieces so low; I've never seen that on any other 1275...

sixty2strat

I have a regular one and I use a .010 D'adderio set for my 12 neck, not a lot of choice and it is all most shops stock, close fit on my USA 1275, However as I typed I looked at my electric sitar with the TP almost to the strap button with in line tunners so it's very long. I have fender bullets on that one,maybe longer to pass thru the block. lower neck I use .009. hope helps

J T

I put a tape measure on my strings that I bought in bulk and they measure 42 1/2 inches from ball to end. How long is it from tailpiece to the farthest D and G pegs?

Browneyes

Get in touch with Snake Oil Strings I am sure they'll be able to help.

I think the Ernie Balls may be long enough. They seem to have the perfect gauge.

Nice Score!:wail

I'll bet that D string will go on that post with the unwound part at the very end. Look on the bright side, you won't have to cut it.

Thanks!!!!

You got one? Congratulations! Remember what I said about those D and G strings! I still don't know why Page's doubleneck had the tailpieces so low; I've never seen that on any other 1275...

Thank you. Ya, the D and G strings may give me the most problem... hey we can always have a stop tailpiece installed right behind the bridge!!! J/K!

So far I think there are 3 of us with these Red Devils on this forum.

rowman

I was gonna say, worst case scenario if you couldn't find a set you could tie knots in two string sets and you'd be the first on your block to be stylin' and setting a precedent for fingers bleedin' on stage. Who knows Ozzy just might pick you up as an original talent for his guitar act, or better yet Alice Cooper with his stage show "Welcome to My Nightmare", or no I think it was John Lennon "I got blisters on me fingers".:lol Just having a little fun with ya! Congrats with the nice guitar, they don't make em' for lefties so we have to buy ones like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Galveston-PRO-S...oryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I got my version in a brown sunburst for around $ 580.00 w/case aand it's an excellent guitar and an excellent deal.

Frank C

Man i am soooo tempted to sell this bad boy to get one of these.

but i think even less of these were made.

100_0364.jpg

rowman

Nice Frank C, what year? Lefties really get screwed over with the non-offering of some models, your model would be good example. I would normally build my perfect version of a Fender style guitar, but even Warmoth no longer offers the left handed double-neck bodies for lefty project construction. But the models that are offered seem to make up for the ones that aren't.

StuartC

I've just bought a regular '92 doubleneck on friday, and was wondering what gauge the 12 string neck was. I called the Gibson distributers in the uk (Rosetti) and they couldn't tell me either the gauge or manufacturer. They said they would email Gibson and let me know, so I'll post it when they tell me. I just ordered a set of Ernie Ball 9's for it.

Just re-strung the six string neck last night- what a chore not being able to use a string winder on the three wound strings! it took ages. Not looking forward to the 12 string-neck!!!!

Just out of curiosity, how many of you lucky Page owners will gig the guitar???

Browneyes

I'll tell you this much... I took it to Todd's place and it was a mission. The case is like a wall and top heavy so it must weigh at least 15-20lbs by itself.

rowman

StuartC, what was your cost in american $ for the 92' EDS-1275, I'm just curious? I'll need to know this if I ever move to England, and what kind of salary I need to ask for in order to be able to keep buying guitars.:rofl