• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Calling all Page 1275 owners.... We have a situation...

StuartC

StuartC, what was your cost in american $ for the 92' EDS-1275, I'm just curious? I'll need to know this if I ever move to England, and what kind of salary I need to ask for in order to be able to keep buying guitars.:rofl

It was £1695 so roughly double it for US$. I think the new ones go for aroung $4600 over here. Although the Gibson List price is about £4000 ($8000 approx)!!!!!:wow

EricRZeppelin

I think the Ernie Balls may be long enough. They seem to have the perfect gauge.

Page played Ernie Balls. I don't think they've changed the length of their strings since the 70's. I have a Danelectro 12 I use them on, but that loads through the body. I'd say buy just one pack of Ernie Balls and see if they work. If nothing else, you're only out a couple of bucks. Sweet guitar by the way. If I could afford it, and needed to play Stairway and The Rain Song live, it would be mine.

Browneyes

You guys know you can play other songs on it too right?? Not just Stairway. lol

rowman

Stuart C --- My Gaaawwwd, now you see why we yanks landed on Plymouth Rock, and Plymouth Rock didn't land on us. Although with you guys its the Inland Revenue Service that landed on you folks not to mention the enormous prices of goods. You know that Led Zeppelin's members always departed to the U.S. at the recommendation of their attorney and mgr. whenever they were fixing to be hit by the Inland Revenue Service because apparently your taxation system in the U.K. is much worse in comparison to our taxation system (which still isn't good at all) to keep from incurring exorbitant taxes. You'd have to be independently wealthy to live in the U.K. (and buy guitars there). I visited London back in 78' when I was 18 and it was a very cool place, but before I'd move there I would sure want to be set financially. Anyway, the U.K. rules :wail for it's legendary peoples and guitarists.:headbange

sixty2strat

wow: about 33 to 3400 USD for a 92 in the UK . got my 97 for 2100 USD, sorry to hear they hit you so hard.

In the Words or Mr.Berry "I'm so glad I'm livin in the USA "

fjminor

…….. Sweet guitar by the way. If I could afford it, and needed to play Stairway and The Rain Song live, it would be mine.

You guys know you can play other songs on it too right?? Not just Stairway. lol

Celebration Day, too... that's THREE songs!

You guys got to be kidding right -

1) Tangerine - sounds great on the 12 string
2) Over The Hills - equally incredible - both necks workout
3) When The Levee Breaks - this requires open F tuning - friggin wails with Slide!!!
4) For Your Life - Presence album - great song - both necks workout
5) That's The Way - although traditional on 6 string, sounds equally impressive on 12 string - requires open G tuning.

:headbange :dude: :wail

guitarmandp

whats the difference between a Page EDS-1275 and a standard EDS-1275

I feel like when you buy this guitar you are paying $5,000 for the name

Browneyes

You guys got to be kidding right -

1) Tangerine - sounds great on the 12 string
2) Over The Hills - equally incredible - both necks workout
3) When The Levee Breaks - this requires open F tuning - friggin wails with Slide!!!
4) For Your Life - Presence album - great song - both necks workout
5) That's The Way - although traditional on 6 string, sounds equally impressive on 12 string - requires open G tuning.

:headbange :dude: :wail

My comment is that why does it have to be a Zep song in the first place? I would be more keen on learning the Zep songs if the guitar were in black.

Browneyes

I don't feel I paid for the name. I just wanted a double neck with great round necks that aren't maple. The construction is completely different between the USA and custom shop models.

fjminor

No offense to Jimmy Page, but the reason I bought an EDS1275 was because of this man. This individual handles and beats the 1275 beast into submission (is that too over the top...:rofl :rofl :headbange)

Notice the placement of the guitar strap - I am thinking of doing this to my EDS1275

Medley

Noonward Race -

Sister Andrea

Now getting back to the String issue - Does the Ernie Ball Electric 12 String pack work out length wise for the Page 1275???

fjminor

My comment is that why does it have to be a Zep song in the first place? I would be more keen on learning the Zep songs if the guitar were in black.

Noted....I think most Guitarists connection to the 1275 is through Jimmy....there are a ton of other famous players using this guitar...!!:headbange

fjminor

The biggest difference that I noticed right off the bat is the 3-3.5 pounds LESS the Page 1275 weighs. That goes a long way when holding these guitars for more than 30 minutes. Necks have a totally different feel, more comfortable, more worn in - tuners are double band tulips, different strength Pickups..I can go on and on, there is a difference, and if you are paying $5000 for one, consider yourself lucky to just get one.
:dude: :wail

Browneyes

Noted....I think most Guitarists connection to the 1275 is through Jimmy....there are a ton of other famous players using this guitar...!!:headbange

I don't want to imply I'm not a Jimmy Page fan. In fact, I'm a HUGE page fan. In fact, I was thinking of making a bolero jacket for myself! lol..

but not anymore with this guitar! lol...

Todd Louis

The construction of the Page 12/75 is completely different then the reg one

Mahogany Necks'
Right Head stock shape
ABR 1 Bridge
Vintage Tuners
correct color and pore filler

It is closer to a 61' era 12/75