• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Dave's R8 Authentics

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
82561 & 82562 are two of the ugliest mutants I've ever seen & yet I feel a strange attraction to them...

GotWood

8 2160 is one BAD mama-jama!!
Forget about the top.................TONE TONE TONE!!:dude :dude :dude

RW Foster

Those are an outstanding deal. I wish I had some spare bucks to pick one up. :dude

Pickdropper

DrBob said:

PS - Thanks to Mayor Dave for the original post about these new "lesser tops" becoming available at Dave's. thanks also to Burstboy for the help in picking out a nice "LOUD" LP, thanks to Jim Barth for taking the guitar outside, thanks to Mike Hansen for the excellent photos, thanks to Guitardon for pointing out how my buying one of the "lesser tops" has helped to cause the used market for Historic LPs to crash, ;) thanks to Pickdropper for helping to inflate my ego after the purchase, and thanks to Goodwood for being... well... Goodwood.

Bob

I'd appreciate the thank you more if I wasn't so damn jealous. ;)

Last edited:
D

Drumbeater

I hope when I'm ready to get my Historic, I get a "lesser top" that looks as good as that one Bob. That is one damn fine looking guitar!:dude

Dave Paetow

Les Paul Forum Member
Hey Dr Bob, thanks! Like I said, that picture didn't do the top justice at all.

stratcat944

Monkey Boy
Intervention...

Gazza said:
Some of those look so good it makes me want to trade my R-9 for one of those R-8's.:eek

I'm gonna have to slap you, aren't I? Haven't we already had this discussion? :edr

Don't do it man! Trust a fellow addict.

Al Burringbar

Just came across this old thread while researching my R8 Les Paul (82609). Ive owned it since 2010. Just wondering if "Daves" original pics are still out there of when he had these Authentics in 2002?