• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Snowy White's Goldtops

Dirtypool

So did this sig came out or did Joe's version win over Snowy's because of the higher too be expected sales?

And I read in a Dutch mag yhat the '57 is hollowed out.. that's not true, is it? ( know Gregor Hilden has a hollow goldtop)

koss

Slabo day ....Bird of Paradise...Two Great Les Paul tracks...lovely Tone...TW59..Did you actually play his guitar..if so , what did it sound like ..acousticaly etc....

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Slabo day ....Bird of Paradise...Two Great Les Paul tracks...lovely Tone...TW59..Did you actually play his guitar..if so , what did it sound like ..acousticaly etc....

No, I merely got to hold it briefly after a small concert.
But I heard him play it and it sounded great! :salude

RiverRatt

I've got a copy of Richard Wright's 1978 solo album "Wet Dream" on vinyl. Snowy is all over it. The first time I heard the album way back when, I was convinced it was really Gilmour playing on it. Now I don't have any way to listen to it, and the cheapest CD I can find is almost $90 on Amazon.

steve.chef

Just saw Roger Waters here in Winnipeg this last week , the show was through the roof !. If you have the chance to go I recommend it to no end. Snowy on this tour has a new gold top with a vintage or strat style tremolo ,Does anyone know anything about this Les Paul .Did he have it modified for him or did gibson built it for him ? Also he used his old cracked finish goldtop .I was wondering about this one for years .Is it the real deal , I mean is it a 57 or 56 era Paul .I would be real nervous taking one like that on a world tour.

If you are still interested in the 'new' gold top Snowy was playing, I have it. My wife bought it from Snowy (through an agent) for me for Christmas 2013. The Trem arm is a Stetsbar and is designed to fit in the holes for the original bridge so no new holes had to be made. Snowy kindly signed it over to me and also gave me a new stetsbar with it 'still boxed' and addressed to snowy in the new York hotel h was staying in at the time. He gas put a notch on the back for every gig he played on the dark side f the moon tour with RW.

Click on this link for Pics; https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoPUd7KuW0QhhPF598L7pCk4XLFPXQ
an this one for videos; https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoPUd7KuW0QhhPF6x0ZFdh8B-fHpVQ

Cheers

Steve