• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Question on historic purchases....

Status
Not open for further replies.

55Custom

Wrong again Cogs. :hee I'm just quoting 55custom like others tried to do. I'm better at it though. :)

55Custom

Well... it was conceded by all parties that the degree to which a sheath might affect tone is UNQUANITIFIABLE. And there is no evidence presented that can prove that the sheath has any effect at all on tone.

So their contention is that the condom makes a difference, with nothing to substantiate that claim, except supposition.

Some felt that if the historic had no sheath, then it would be more in keeping with how the vintage guitars were built.

However, a much much larger number of jaywalk allstar members gave unintelligable replies that had nothing to do with guitars at all. Those members ended up unselling the whole truss rod replacement idea althogether.

How did they correlate all of that with the claims about 1968 Les Pauls sounding like '50's Les Pauls? '68's have truss rod condoms and Indian rosewood.

Last edited:

55Custom

How did they correlate all of that with the claims about 1968 Les Pauls sounding like '50's Les Pauls? '68's have truss rod condoms and Indian rosewood.

They didnt address that issue. They bypassed it.

Mark Kane

All Access/Backstage Pass
Hey Condom55, thanks for all the new quotes. You make a fool out of yourself better than any of us ever could. Could you please post a pic of your messed up historic with the paint slopped all over the binding again. It ads to your aura!

55Custom

The fool was the one that started this thread. And it backfired on him again. Quoting me is the sum of his knowledge. :lol

Last edited:

GeetarGoul

The fool was the one that started this thread. And it backfired on him again. Quoting me is the sum of his knowledge. :lol

Who is it that thinks you are the cool guy around here again? You continue to stink up the experience at the LPF for good people around the entire world. That's a fact. You have no friends here. Fact. You have no chops or artistic abililty. Fact. Your face is fucked up. Fact. Your whole energy sucks. Fact. Have fun buddy! :2zone

Status
Not open for further replies.