• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Show Us Your Goldtops ('52 - '60)

mbowen

:wow:jim a shot of the 5 variants of lp std.guitars owned at the time by Tim Matyes Vic's partner .I LATER BOUGHT 2 OF THE GOLDTOPS.MIKE B.
:jim:salude:lol
5versionsLPSTD.jpg

5versionsLPSTD.jpg

Last edited:

apossibleworld

harveyP - yes! an original finish (presumably) goldtop with minimal conversion necessary, but PAFs. Is that what this is?

This is what I'm looking for. Whenever one of you folks has one of these to sell, well, give me a shout. Hope it's ok for me to mention that outside of the classifieds.

harveyP

harveyP - yes! an original finish (presumably) goldtop with minimal conversion necessary, but PAFs. Is that what this is?

This is what I'm looking for. Whenever one of you folks has one of these to sell, well, give me a shout. Hope it's ok for me to mention that outside of the classifieds.

Yep - original finish. This did need a neck re-set to get a full hight bridge ring and ABR-1. It had been badly routed years ago so was also filled and re-routed. I would never have had it done if it had been a stock wrap tail. Currently a pat. number and a '57 classic and it sounds just fine. I had a pair of PAFs ready to go - but it just sounds great as is. Sometimes odd combinations and the right wood just work.

apossibleworld - email me

hoss

The many awesome vintage Les Paul threads going on at the moment made me grab my 54 refin and noodle around and shoot a webcam picture. Sorry for not shaving on this Saturday.

54_2011-12-17.jpg

Black58

The many awesome vintage Les Paul threads going on at the moment made me grab my 54 refin and noodle around and shoot a webcam picture. Sorry for not shaving on this Saturday.

54_2011-12-17.jpg

Killer! :salude

... and I wouldn't sweat the whiskers, man; If I had what you've got, there, I'd be locked up in my basement, lookin' like Charleton Heston at the end of The Ten Commandments! :hee .. :ganz

hoss

The body contours on old Goldtops look so supersexy :)

mbowen

Still a great thread .I do not think i posted these yet but if i did excuse me.My current 56 and old 57 Goldtops.Mike B.

DSC01290.jpg

1957--7-3957-2.jpg

timmy 2 tone

Ok I have to join in here, my 68 and 54

057.jpg

069-1.jpg

My friends 57

035.jpg

Then a gaggle of gold, 54, 57 & 68

028.jpg

hoss

Thanks! Headstock pic (the tuner tips are Uncle Lou's)

checking.jpg