• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Who Plays A Les Paul Thru A Fender Amp?

Tonedog

I do...
Les Paul through a Pro-Junior in a Tonedog Pro-Senior 1x12 cabinet.

franchelB

I played a Fender M-80 (90 solid-state amp)...at one time. But when I wanted a tube amp, and based on what I needed (besides affordability), I bought a Peavey Delta Blues.

No regerets...

fatman

After returning the HRDx I went and bought a 65 deluxe reverb RI.
Man, what a difference. This thing is a complete other animal.
Turn it to about 7 and using my LP, the overdrive really sounded good to me.
And it cleans up by rolling back the vol. on the geetar.

Last edited:

Bluefinger

After returning the HRDx I went and bought a 65 deluxe reverb RI.
Man, what a difference. This thing is a complete other animal.
Turn it to about 7 and using my LP, the overdrive really sounded good to me.
And it cleans up by rolling back the vol. on the geetar.

I hear you. I used to play a Blues Deluxe (practically a HRDx with less overdrive) and then switched to a DRRI. The difference is night and day. That thing breaks up so nicely. I have never turned it up to 7 as far as I remember, I run mine at about 4 or 5 usually but that's exactly where the overdrive can be controlled nicely with the volume control. I mostly play archtops so I have to controll my feedback ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIASAwZaQRs

concert410

Thinking about this thread made me revisit my (Sunn) T-50c and my Fender Concert. I've been gigging Mesa and Marshall for the last few years, but when I heard my Fenders at volume again (instead of whisper quiet), I was blown away. Made me wonder why I ever strayed.

J.LaGrassa

Here is a picture of my Les Paul Classic with Rio Grande pickups Texas & BBQ pups into a Blues Junior mini stack.....I also have a 59 Bassman RI!

lpbj.jpg

Yunpac

"Best Man? Better Man! (ting - hits cymbal w/ cocktail) OOW! - (grabs guitar) Thats right - self taught - no lessons - no thanks to you pop!"

who is this great actor / handsome hollywood star??

rufes

Formerly dmartinez
BassmanLP.jpg

One of my Fenders. This is a '67 Bassman. Great with a LP

I admit that I usually use my Marshalls instead.

GuitarG

My main live rig is a '63 Bassman built into a 2x12" combo with Weber C12N's. In the studio I use my Blackface VibroChamp all the time.
Live%20rig008B.jpg

Vchamp_Bassman.jpg

duaneflowers

Last few gigs have been at a small(ish) venue straight into a heavily (Ratt) modded BJIII... love it love it love it!!! :salude

lure555

Swirling Vortex of Sound, Classic Club
I actually prefer pairing an LP with a Fender. Loved my old CDR and find myself exclusively using Fender amp models in my Helix.

fernieite

Holy resurrections Batman!

Happy Friday morning!

Bob

Cool! Did Joe use a Fender amp on this album? Sounds great! Bet there's an Echoplex on that song as well. :hank

Oh yeah - I play my Les Paul through my 1964 Fender Pro Amp sometimes. Yes, it sounds great. :)

Bob Womack

Cool! Did Joe use a Fender amp on this album? Sounds great! Bet there's an Echoplex on that song as well. :hank

Oh yeah - I play my Les Paul through my 1964 Fender Pro Amp sometimes. Yes, it sounds great. :)
Joe did a very funny interview in the October 1972 Guitar Player A Pro Replies column in which he relayed his techniques for recording "The Bomber." He used a Les Paul and a Vibrolux for the main body of the song. For Ravel's Bolero he added a Echoplex and both mic'd the amp and ran the echo directly into the board. Period pics show him gigging with an EP-2 tube Echoplex. For "Cast Your Fate to the wind" he played a Tele through the Echoplex into a Leslie rotary cab. You can read the article HERE. The funny part is at the end when they asked him about the gear for Funk #49. Joe said he played a Tele through a "Vibroplex." For years I wondered what a Vibroplex was. Joe is a Ham Radio operator. It turns out the Vibroplex is the most popular horizontal Morse code key. Joe was having us on a bit! I'd seen them and even used them but never knew the name!

Bob

JimFog

While I just picked up a Marshall Origin 50c combo, and I'm loving it.....my "life partner" is a '70 Deluxe Reverb, with Celestion speaker and added mid pot (to thicken it a wee bit).