• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Melody Maker Pics!

okiegibson

I really like Singlecut's white one, damn it now I need a white one too!

Looking at them side by side, looks like Gibson really got them right.

Okay I Need one of each color in the single and double pick-up please, that would be $2,200 for 6 guitars, please drive through and come again.

Last edited:

singlecut

I really like Singlecut's white one, damn it now I need a white one too!

Looking at them side by side, looks like Gibson really got them right.

Okay I Need one of each color in the single and double pick-up please, that would be $2,200 for 6 guitars, please drive through and come again.

i got bad news tonight, a friend who can really spray nitro and guitars in general[cars +bikes too] offered to do a few of these for me if i was interested in some solid colors ala 60's fenders,so he could put a few in his pic folder,damn him,damn him to hell,i'm trying not to think about it,he knows me too well
i'm not thinking about or will think about,
candy apple red
lake placid blue
sherwood forest green metalic
charcoal mist
burgandy mist
shoreline gold...........
make it stop, please...................................

okiegibson

How about an Inverness Green one I found on the web:

melodymakerinvernessgreen2.jpg

scooby

i got bad news tonight, a friend who can really spray nitro and guitars in general[cars +bikes too] offered to do a few of these for me if i was interested in some solid colors ala 60's fenders,so he could put a few in his pic folder,damn him,damn him to hell,i'm trying not to think about it,he knows me too well
i'm not thinking about or will think about,
candy apple red
lake placid blue
sherwood forest green metalic
charcoal mist
burgandy mist
shoreline gold...........
make it stop, please...................................

Candy Apple Red, & Lake Placid Blue.......:hmm :2cool

Wattage

OK so I had it with me for practice last night with my LP Standard.

It is a very 3D sounding pickup/guitar combo and I have to say it is the quietest single coil I think I have ever used. It is light on the bottom end and a bit towards the bright side but is still a great sounding guitar. Being the only guitarist in my band I need a bit more fullness from the low end in most situations but I was very pleased with it. I am sure 11's will give me a little more of the "chunk" I want but the MM has an almost Tele like thing going on that is really cool.

Comparing it to the Standard isn't quite fair because the Standard sounds like a brick ****house but it definitely has it's own thing going on. I am almost certainly ordering another (in white) and dropping a humbucker in on it. It will sound massive I am sure. I love having a light, simple guitar like this - makes me realize how much I really miss my old Junior.

1171907984_epsn0007.jpg

singlecut

OK so I had it with me for practice last night with my LP Standard.

It is a very 3D sounding pickup/guitar combo and I have to say it is the quietest single coil I think I have ever used. It is light on the bottom end and a bit towards the bright side but is still a great sounding guitar. Being the only guitarist in my band I need a bit more fullness from the low end in most situations but I was very pleased with it. I am sure 11's will give me a little more of the "chunk" I want but the MM has an almost Tele like thing going on that is really cool.

Comparing it to the Standard isn't quite fair because the Standard sounds like a brick ****house but it definitely has it's own thing going on. I am almost certainly ordering another (in white) and dropping a humbucker in on it. It will sound massive I am sure. I love having a light, simple guitar like this - makes me realize how much I really miss my old Junior.

1171907984_epsn0007.jpg

nice looking melody maker you got there bro.may i make a suggestion, on the next 1 you get and are considering a humbucker mod, i've got a few of the old melody makers and have 1 with a dogear p-90 and 1 with paf.
to be honest, the p-90 kills the paf.
if you miss your old jr, trust me, you'll be happier with a p-90.
for my ears,these mahogany slabs, be them , jr's , melody makers,specials, sound best with p-90's.
i've had my share of vintage jr's , specials, that got modded thru time with humbuckers,and it's not really an upgrade to my ears.
just throwing this out there for discussion,and it's worked for me
also, if someone is willing to post/ host a pic for me , i can forward a pic of said modded melody makers.
better yet, grab 2 more and have 3 and have 1 with a p-90 and 1 with a bucker

Bluesbubba

Does anyone know how much Saul at Centre City Music in San Diego is selling the Melody Maker for:hmm He's always sells for much lower. I know I'm scrimping:salude

Mr. Clean

I just placed an order for a Vintage Sunburst via MF. I'll post a report of my own after I have an opportunity to give it a good look-see.

Wattage

nice looking melody maker you got there bro.may i make a suggestion, on the next 1 you get and are considering a humbucker mod, i've got a few of the old melody makers and have 1 with a dogear p-90 and 1 with paf.
to be honest, the p-90 kills the paf.
if you miss your old jr, trust me, you'll be happier with a p-90.
for my ears,these mahogany slabs, be them , jr's , melody makers,specials, sound best with p-90's.
i've had my share of vintage jr's , specials, that got modded thru time with humbuckers,and it's not really an upgrade to my ears.
just throwing this out there for discussion,and it's worked for me
also, if someone is willing to post/ host a pic for me , i can forward a pic of said modded melody makers.
better yet, grab 2 more and have 3 and have 1 with a p-90 and 1 with a bucker

Much appreciated input, thanks. If I skip replacing the Jr. I might bolt on a P-90 but we'll see. I am holding off on any new purchases for a bit to see what the new Classic Custom is like.
Here's a few under the hood shots of the new MM/ I swapped in an OD cap while I had it open. More out of superstition than anything else plus I like orange:spabout

The little pup measured out about 4.79k on the meter fwiw.

1172112942_epsn0002.jpg

1172112391_epsn0003.jpg

Wattage

There isn't much more to photograph they're so simple!

These are 2 quickie clips I did the night I got it.

Lotsa clams clean and dirty.

singlecut

Does anyone know how much Saul at Centre City Music in San Diego is selling the Melody Maker for:hmm He's always sells for much lower. I know I'm scrimping:salude
i can't see him selling them for less ,but ya never know,already rumors about them going up too.

singlecut

Much appreciated input, thanks. If I skip replacing the Jr. I might bolt on a P-90 but we'll see. I am holding off on any new purchases for a bit to see what the new Classic Custom is like.
Here's a few under the hood shots of the new MM/ I swapped in an OD cap while I had it open. More out of superstition than anything else plus I like orange:spabout

The little pup measured out about 4.79k on the meter fwiw.

1172112942_epsn0002.jpg

1172112391_epsn0003.jpg

\
little tone report on mine just in.
i dropped the pickup way down on mine last night , it now sits about a 1/4 "
over the top of the pickguard, really sweetened it up, more p-90 like, try it out and see what ya think, just a few turns. i really like it

okiegibson

The white dual pick-up version looks great, post some pics when you get it. I may have to somehow find some change to get one.

singlecut

scooby

The MF site has a Sunburst two pickup model in the pics, but all they offer to sell is white or black. :bigal

Seriously, I'd like a single and dual in sunburst. The white is awesome too.