• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Anyone use box type switches?

GlassSnuff

Some of these are good, some not so good. Hard to tell from the picture, but the ones I prefer have a serrated nut (available from AllParts), not a hex nut . The serrations are coarser than a Switchcraft nut, however. I think the Switchcraft have a more positive feel and use them in all my guitars.

Plankspanker

That box switch might require enlarging the cavity it's supposed to fit it. Anytime I've deviated during replacement from the original toggle switch using parts on hand, I've ended up going back to the original spec part.

I would take Timinator's advice and stick with the stock Switchcraft part.
If I pick up a Les Paul that has a funky feeling toggle switch I start to wonder what else has been screwed around with on the guitar.

ES350

I have Switchcraft 3 ways that have worked for 50 years. Why would you want that hunk of junk in your guitar? Check out his other parts to get an idea of the 'quality'...

Don

That switch is not high quality.

That guy is parting out Asian made guitars and selling the low quality parts.

Why not get the correct switch for about 50% more?

leakyfaucet

No, no, I wasn't going to buy that switch, I just used it as an example for the picture. I was going to track down a really nice box 3 way switch.

Screw it, I just ordered a replacement switchcraft.