• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

humming on low E

Mattj

Hi all , first post. Just brought a new les paul standard wine read with 50s neck. beautiful guitar but there is a problem with the low E.

When I play the harmonic on the 12th fret or the open string with the pick up selctor in centre or rhythm position there is an awful hum. not really a buzz although there is also some fret buzz if I play a fretted position on the E and A. (doesn really happen with the pickup selector in treble)

The fret buzz I am not so worried about as I can probably adjust the action to oveercome this but the Hum sounds like more of a problem.

THe Hum is more like a drone that drowns out the note, this doesnt happen on the other 5 strings.

What do you think the likely problem is? i'd really appreciate your comments if you need further info let me know.

Thanks

Matt

DannyBoy

You probably have the Gregorian edition... Don't worry, that's normal.

bahaha! Sorry, couldn't resist!

When you say buzz or hum do you mean acoustically or through the amp or both?