• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Boxes!

K

Kim R

Boxes to the rafters! It's been a long time since I've seen such an enormous delivery from Gibson at Wildwood Guitars.

I had a fair amount of work to do in their shop toward the end of this past week (vintage projects) and just watched all of these Historics being unpacked - Goldtops, '58's, a '59, Juniors, Specials... Sixty new cases. The entire shop smelled like new nitro...

I took some time to look over a few pieces as the staff was inspecting and entering each into stock: I've got to say the finishes and colors were very, very nice.... Most of the bursts were washed cherry, but there were a few dark bursts that were gorgeous (amber centers, mineral streaks...).

My "out work" (I am not an employee) for the shop this month has been entirely centered on vintage Fender pieces but I hope to have some time to really look the new Gibson's over. I asked the staff why so many came at once (like the "old days"), and was told that they were waiting for specific guitars to be built.

It's a shame that one can't see all the pretty pictures on the site (Come on Henry!!)...