• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Orlando Guitar Show (Jan 07) LOTS of pics...

mmcquain

Somebody over on The Gear Page forum posted that they saw/played on a goldtop at the Orlando show that had belonged to Duane Allman. I did not see or hear of any such guitar (otherwise we'd have lots of pics of it!) :)
Anyway, do any of you know if such a goldtop could have been at the Orlando show and who would have had it there?

EDIT: I just saw this reply on the gear page forum about Duane's goldtop:

"...It was with a guy from Gainesville that didn't have a booth. Used to have a vintage store here in town. He said he's had an offer of a half million for it that he turned down..."

Last edited:

Ace139

WOW -

Thanks for all the pictures. Not sure where else this should be posted but the Woodshed aint it. These need to be seen by everybody.

Thanks again

mmcquain

WOW - Thanks for all the pictures. Not sure where else this should be posted but the Woodshed aint it. These need to be seen by everybody. Thanks again

Great idea - I've posted pointer threads in the Vintage, Sunburst and Historic forums so these pics can "be seen by everybody" :wow

JoeV

Great pics! Thanks, and LET'S GOOOOOOOO MountainEEEEERS!

Montani Semper Liberi!:applaude

RiverRatt

I can't believe those 3-bolt '70s Strats are bringing that kind of jack. Incredible.

kthesheep

Somebody over on The Gear Page forum posted that they saw/played on a goldtop at the Orlando show that had belonged to Duane Allman. I did not see or hear of any such guitar (otherwise we'd have lots of pics of it!) :)
Anyway, do any of you know if such a goldtop could have been at the Orlando show and who would have had it there?

EDIT: I just saw this reply on the gear page forum about Duane's goldtop:

"...It was with a guy from Gainesville that didn't have a booth. Used to have a vintage store here in town. He said he's had an offer of a half million for it that he turned down..."
Here is the Duane Goldtop on the left and my 57 on the right:
126040482-M.jpg

MapleFlame

Bro I feel like I was there, thank you, that was great. I think I have to pay you ten bucks now!!!