• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Vic Dapra's "The Gibson Burst" book is finally out!

Joe Ganzler

I was checking it out on Amazon.

Not much love in the review section over there.

I have to agree with some of the points. Spelling is one thing, but the "editorial style" drives me crazy with all of the random comments around B&W pictures. I wouldn't mind so much if there were more color pictures. I dunno, call me crazy, but I like to read about 'Bursts as much as I like to look at them. You know, that it when I'm not PLAYING them:hee

Anyway, I'll hang on to my old copy. When mine fell apart, I just scanned the color photos and put them in the LP folder that I use for a screen saver.

And THAT "editorial style" is exactly what *I* LIKE about Vic's books! My addled brain tends to remember certain "snippet narratives" about given guitars, with Vic/Jay's personal comments on each. Sorry, but those colorful tidbits give a certain "fireside intimacy" to those books that is lacking from any other Burst Books to date. It ain't no TEXTBOOK, boys & girl! Take it for what it is, and enjoy it for same! This is like bitching that your latest copy of "Silver Surfer" ain't Faulkner...:rolleyes:

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I just wish Jay would stick to English, and drop the Latin, in his writings. :ganz

Johnnytone

Les Paul Forum Member
Well, I'm in the publishing business and this book looks and reads like an 8th grade school project. Reproduction is horrendous, both in black and white and color.
And $50?

:bigal