• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

R8 VOS Fadded Tobacco-Good Price?

05hummer

Hi Guys,Im looking at 06 R8 In Fadded Tobacco.Trying to make my mind up,really nice grain to it.Only went in for strings And Not enough Time To Play It.I already have an 01 standard honeybusurt and an 05 standard desertburst with a 50s neck.any major differaeces in them,playing wise or other?Is 2,750.00 A Good Price For One?thanks for the help

bluesbishop

I think you'll find a much better price. Check our forum dealers, but I would call Saul at center city music first. He's got several really nice tobacco's in stock, and he's a great guy to do business with. 1-888-5Gibson ( 1-888-544-2766)
I'm gonna pull the trigger on a either a new R8 or R9 myself, and after talking with Saul for over 1hr, I can't imagine dealing with anyone else.:)

05hummer

thanks For the Info,Ill Try Center City Music...I called And Ordered A New VOS Tobacco,Should Be Here Tomorrow,Great Price And Great Person To Deal With.Thanks For The Info Bluebishop...P.S> Ill Post Picks As Soon As It Arives....

Last edited:

bluesbishop

Great! Which one? I have pics of several of Sauls..I might already have a picture of yours!

GuffMorgan

Saul does indeed rule, I wish I could afford to give him more business (I really want a Historic SG Special, though I don't know if he can order one... if not, then LP Jr.).

Bluefinger

I already have an 01 standard honeybusurt and an 05 standard desertburst with a 50s neck.any major differaeces in them,playing wise or other?

The R8 will most likely have a fatter neck and the frets are a bit smaller. The pickups are different as well (BB1 + 2 vs. BB pro).

05hummer

hi guys,heres my new R8 Gloss Tobacco Burst.i have to thank Saul from center city music,who Is A Great Guy TO Deal with.... ]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q84/o5hummer/PC291417.jpg[/IMG]
PC291414.jpg
PC291416.jpg

bluesjuke

Congrats on your new one!
You've got some unique grain on that top.