• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Another Style I Won't Be Learning

Minibucker

Yeah, I was gonna say Hedges as well, but I've never actually seen Hedges play.

tuberide

I've seen Michael play on two occasions....just an amazing player. McKee is obviously inspired by Hedges unique style. Hedges could get his D-28 to sound like 3 players were playing all at the same time. It was a sad day in '97 when he lost his life driving his sports car off a cliff in coastal California.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29CMRsWlDt0

Last edited:

refin

I think this is fantastic......but it has to be seen live.Otherwise it's okay,but it sounds overdubbed.Michael Hedges had to be seen to be believed.
Wish I could do this................

phil47uk

Very nice for one or two numbers.
It always amazes me how poeple sit down and spend all that time working stuff out like that.
Great as a party piece, or a one man showcase, but totally impractical for the average guy like me who gets paid to back other people.

I wouldn't have the patience for a start and secondly I use a lot of hybrid pickin' and my nails would get in the way.:laugh2:

Dave G

I know what you mean, really. The guy in this video is good, yes. But i can't watch this, i don't find it interesting at all.

:dude:

Maybe that's part of the problem. Music is meant to be listened to, not watched.

DirtyRobber

Agreed that it's ok for a listen here and there. I can't knock the guy on his technique, he is obviously very skilled. Not my kind of music though. If he was just another Solo Jazz guy or classical player, he probably would not have made it this far on the internet alone.

I think it's funny it says "Transcriptions available at ..."
They must have had to invent some of the vocabulary to put that together.