• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Marshall Lead 12

Charlie R57

Just picked one up at a small music store,
$70.00. Sounds pretty good, the gain when
cranked , sounds sort of Buzzy.
The clean sound is Great.
Can someone tell me when they stopped
making these ? where were they made ?

R

RICH

Wow, thats a good price, they are normally $125-150 if you can find them. I think they stoped making them around 10 years or so. I think they came out in the early 80s, I got one in 84 and its still kicking, so I grabed another too as a backup because you don't see them as much, and they crank. Cool little amps, you should hear it power a 4-12!!!

Charlie R57

Yea,I remember you and Ed R talking about
them. I just went in there to look around and
saw it. $70 bucks ..Hmmm... it sounded pretty
good, but the LAST thing I needed was another
Amp. But I rememberd you guys saying they were
Rare and hard to find, So I caved.
I'm not disapointed. :)spin :dude

Tonefiend

Fiendish One
My 1st amp. I had to have a marshall, and there it was. I believe I paid $99 for it back in about '85 or '86. That was alot of shoveled driveways back then. The guitar player for the Bangles was in the shop at the time, and played through it, and thought it was a great little amp so I was pretty excited.
I traded it in a few years later for a lead 20 for more power. That was a good amp also, but wasn't as cool as a stack, so I set my sights on one of the Mosfet heads.
I have a tape somewhere of me playing in my 1st band playing Priest and Deep Purple with that lead 12 cranked and it sounds pretty cool. :lolspin

Marshallhead

little ass kicker aint it????

i have lead 12 combo i picked up last year for 50.00 missing the back and i love the little bastard-sounds like a mini tube stack when set up right

DrewB

I bought mine from a pawn shop for $70 about 5 years ago. The speaker sounds like it has a blown voice coil, so I took the speaker wires from the PCB and cut them where they run through the eyelet in the chassis, then mounted a jack in the eyelet hole. I run a speaker wire from the jack to the Greenbacks in my Bluesbreaker Ltd. (an 8-ohm load). RICH, is your 4x12 you run yours into an 8-ohm cabinet? If not, how do you compensate for the impedance mismatch. I have yet to hear one drive a 4x12, and I think that would be a good bit of fun...