• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Who has Historics that are as good or Better than Vintage Les Pauls?

IanLP59

Hi IanLP59,
I'll have to try the dis-fellowshiped one on them next time the come round.. Sounds great...:applaude

Yeah I like fingerstyle stuff too. DesertDawg from the forum sent me over a nice Gibson J180EC a year or so back. Not the black ones they still make now, but this has a bookmatched back, Gold grovers and the MOP star inlays. I think it was dis-continued some years ago. Very big, even and bright sound.

I'm not a purist and want a good acoustic, as well as a good electro acoustic, for all sorts of work, so it suits me fine, and seems to fit the bill for what I do.

You are dead right.. There are some people going around that are more worried about if their toggle switch is the right colour than concentrating on what they have got and getting on with the job in hand,, Becoming a good musician. I meet them all the time..Just as well really, or I'd have more competition getting gigs..:laugh2:

Groover my man.. How are ya??
Nahhh I wouldn't worry about bringing property prices down.. In fact it might be a good idea.. They're just gone silly down these parts. You can just about buy an outside toilet for £250,000 these days.
Next time you are down this neck of the woods, we'll have a jam and sink a few pints..It would be great to see ya..

Phil.

Phil,

Shit man...I live down south as well...If I ever get that toggle switch desease I'll flog two or three of our loos. We could all use catheters and incontinence pads for life here and I could buy a "real" burst with the change...

Yours strictly toggle in cheek,

Ian

Groover

Phil,

Shit man...I live down south as well...If I ever get that toggle switch desease I'll flog two or three of our loos. We could all use catheters and incontinence pads for life here and I could buy a "real" burst with the change...

Ian

:lol

Don't give Phil ideas:ganz

phil47uk

Phil,

Ian

Yeah Ian what we'll be needing are a pack of Gibson inconti pants for ageing guitarists.. I hear Keef keeps a regular supply on hand...:rofl

Hey Groover.... Psssssssst ! Wanna exchange a burst for a loo?

Phil.

Groover

I'm back from the pub and Burstin' for the Loo !

Thats a poor joke and I will probably edit it out tomorrow:wah :hee

FLICKOFLASH

Les Paul Froum Member
Is this why they call it burst ???
fa_12.JPG

62_12.JPG

da_12.JPG

68_12.JPG

ef_12.JPG

one hot pickup hey !!