• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Since I've been Loving You - Custard Pie Video

Shovel95

Check it out. Both LP's are Historics...the GT is a 2003 and the Burst is an '06 VOS. Woody's playing through an 18w clone, and I'm playing through a JTM 45. :jim

Considering the audio is direct from the video camera, the audio ain't too shabby.

Custard Pie Live at Moonlight Beach - SIBLY

Enjoy and don't mind the boo-boos! :2zone

Bluestar

Yeah.gif

405z06

Very impressive ,sir :applaude You nailed the solo! One of my fav LZ tunes:lol

Soulweb

Okay...now we have something! I am NOt easily impressed. And Zep is almost sacred ground for me when it comes to cover stuff. So many people simply fuck it up. They think they're doing great, and it just sounds like pure shit.

And when I see/hear people do covers, especially of such monumental movements in rock. Literal high-water marks on the shores of rock n' roll greatness...I have to watch/listen with a little tongue in cheek. And when I see an honest effort, but someone miss the mark (as most do) I'll just keep quiet.

So it is with true, heartwarming pleasure that I say, "damn fine job." Seriously. You wowed me. I'd go see it. I don't much care for the singer, and she can sing, but for me it's a bit of a mismatch. But the band seemed tight, not lost at all.

Good on ya! I loved it! You guys impressed a curmudgeon!

Chef Greg

Pretty cool, Jim.. is that your JP CA w/PAF's yer playin'? :2zone

J T

+1 I loved it.

Great!

:applaude
Just Awsome :dude:

That guy with the cane was diggin it! Was he front and center the whole time?

:salude

roadrunner

That didn't suck... at all!:dude:

Nice, bright, harmonically rich tone from the guitars, the drummer's solid, the bass player's supportive and almost transparent (huge compliment!),the singer has a great voice, and excellent feeling for the material, a little "Janis" like character to her singing... just killer, and the playing sounds inspired and professional.

In the studio, with some original stuff, this band would be just great to record with... hint, hint... fire up the tape you guys!

This is like a textbook on one way to do a cover tune.

GREAT job!:applaude

roadrunner

Forgot to mention:

This should be a "must listen" for Historic players. I don't know what's powering the goldtop, but it's got that dry, bright, crying tone that I associate with the real deal. So many Historics are midrange mud machines that don't even come close to sounding like an old LP.

:dude:KILLER tone.:dude:

Really nice, man. Your touch on that song is very 'Pagey' :dude:

Zoso

I think it's terrible. The shirt, the shorts...that's not Page at all.

BurstMeUp

Nice Jim!!! Tell Woody I said "hey!" Hope you'll let me crash your xmas party again this year! .. the last one was GREAT!! :dude:

BurstMeUp

I think it's terrible. The shirt, the shorts...
Wow, what a deep, thoughtful commentary! Clothes sure do make the musician, eh??? Instead of practicing to improve, I think I'll just go out and buy a pair of leather pants and become a "poser"!

This appears to be a friendly outdoor "get-together" in 80 degree heat, NOT a wedding gig or friggin' Madison Sqaure Garden!!
that's not Page at all.
:troll

bluesbishop

I thought It was great, and I'm not easily impressed. Great tone!! Tell us a little about pickups, etc. The Goldtop player I seen step an a pedal several times. I would like to hear about both players amps, pedal board, pickups etc.

Great job!!!:dude: :dude: :headbange

ZEPPELIN RULES!!!!!

6L6

All Access/Backstage Pass
I don't much care for the singer, and she can sing, but for me it's a bit of a mismatch.
I thought the singer nailed it. Let's face it, Plant sounded a little "girlish" anyways. Awesome job BTW, killer tone and touch.