• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

no covers , no guard..............

02glps

pick ups are A2P's
i was up for a little change , so i took the covers and guard off last night.(gives it that SLASH look)

02glps

sorry , it's blurry . try clicking on it. when i click on it photobucket opens it up

Pooker

duanegoldtop-sm.jpg

Duane approved :dude:

02glps

thanks , i was diggin' the covers and guard since i got this 05 R7 12/31/05 , but this a cooler look(not that there's anything wrong with the classic look)great duane pic , btw .

Jack Gilvey

I love it, definitely a cooler, if less traditional, look...very Slash-y. :) Damn, now I'm tempted to go naked again with my R7...

Erik

Very cool look...and extra points to Pooker for the Duane pic!!!

Soulweb

I guess I'm partial to that old "classic" look. it's nice to see that top in all it's glory, but I like the covers and pickguard.

Electric Lloyd

Very cool look! My friend has an R6 with the pickguard & switch ring removed. A very nice look!

Adwex

I guess I'm partial to that old "classic" look. it's nice to see that top in all it's glory, but I like the covers and pickguard.

I'm with you, Goldtops (and most Les Pauls) should be covered and guarded.

But...........

I have to admit, lately I've been considering the advantage (for me) of removing the guard so that my pinky has more pup ring to anchor onto. Don't like the look, but function may outweigh form.

HeeHaw

There's nothing uglier in the guitar world than a goldtop without covers and pickgaurd.:welcome