• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Used Marshall price ?

DOSE!

Hey guys I was hoping someone could tell me if this is a deal with the limited info I have right now.
My friends roommate has a Marshall head JCM 800 Lead Series head in white with Jim's signature on the front.
He's got 4 heads and my partner said he's having problems paying his rent so I told him I'd be intrested if he needed to part with one. He wants $500 for this one. I believe it may be an early 80's. Thats all the info I have right now.
Thanks

DrewB

I can't remember how many of these were made, but I think it was 800 (could be wrong). Anyway, it's an early 800, an anniversary model, and with white tolex, so I think $500 would be pretty decent. That's market value most places for a black one of that era.

DOSE!

:dude Cool. Thanks guys.
I love it when people can't manage their funds.
This guy has tons of gear and never plays. He keeps buying animals, rabbits, dogs, birds, fish and he can't pay his bills.
I'm gonna try to get one of his cabinets too. I don't think he has a white one to go with the head though.

plaintop

I had the White combo for a while. It's a later day Master Volume. Probably has 6550's. Great rock and Metal amp.

DOSE!

:umhmm Looks like I'll be headin to the bank when the hang over wears off.
I'll still try to get him down 50 bucks just for G.P.