• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

##1995 R9## Is it collectable?

Jeffy Lion

I'm considering to purchase 1995 R9 overseas from one guy.The price is $4,000.All 100% original. The pickups are classic 57.
I cannot afford 2003 Brazillian board.
It's very hard to find 1999 R9.
Then I'm looking for the early production year of its (1994).I have found this one in this price..
Is it collectible? Is it suitable price?

As I mentioned, I cannot see the actual guitar..that's why I have such questions in this forum.

Sean French

:welcome to the forum.
Check out some forum dealers.I know they will have something you want.I saw a '99 and '00 R9 at Marks Guitar Loft.Both were several hundred less than the '95.The '99 to present are more Historically correct,if that matters to you.'99 to '03 seem to be the more sought after years.I would not spend $4K on a guitar I could not see and have an approval period for to decide if it's a keeper.Good luck.

Jimmy Murray

Hi,
I think 95 may just be THE year in Historics. Many of the most famous mega tops were from that year. The general fit/finish/ wood quality and tone of the 95's I have played and own is unreal in my opinion.

dwagar

btw, if you want collectability in that price range, Mark has an 03 R7 Braz. The Braz MIGHT make it more collectable.
Other than Murphys, Braz and short run signatures, etc. I don't know if Historics should be looked at as collectable. Best players for the $ though.

Jeffy Lion

Jimmy: What do you mean "unreal"? Good or Bad..?

How can I put the picture in here? I want to show that guitar

Stevedenver

wow-that seems a bit high -
while i agree certain years have attributes in a general way-

the old adage of each guitar in unique is more likely to serve you well

i dont think 95 is unique in terms of collectability-it may have a unique style of top as did many years-or other features-but in the overall scheme of looking at gibson historics as seen in 2025-i really dont think it will be a banner year-the only thing i think might be is of course the brazillian boards

this of course assumes that gibson still exists and is using real wood!!!!

in terms of a generic used R9 -the price is a tad high IMHO-but then again only about 500 provided its mint-so its a premium for an 'nos' guitar you cant easily find-but id be far more inclined to judge it on the basis of its inherent sound and playability-looks etc-not on year