• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Any Rod Price Fans here?

FlatRacer

Their version of I Just Wanna Make Love To You has been a staple in my band's show for YEARS! Great song that we always closed a set with and always brought a big reaction from the audience.

Eric

Mr. Clean

Great slide player, just as great a straight lead player, too. One of the unsung heroes in the history of rock guitar.

Jim Jones

Foghat is one of those bands that's doomed to wind up as a "footnote" in rock, but damn, what a great footnote. Rod and Lonesome Dave are two of my rock heroes.

Jim

Crunchyriff

I remember an interview in the 70's (roughly '76-'77) in which DP said that in the studio, Foghat recorded using Fender amps "because they souunded like Marshalls in the studio". With that, I have no idea if those guys were straight up about it, or in the misinformation biz like some other players.

I personally liked Rod Price's slide playing far better than Duane, but that's just me.

pete3rwr

I knew Rod years ago, like mid 70s? NIce guy and he bought my mint condition 1957 Gibson Les Paul Gold Top. It was love at 1st sight, he really flipped out on it! Sorry he passed so young...:hank

Last edited:

sap68/69

Yes I am one. I never got to see them live but I loved listening to all their albums. I always loved the guitar sound between Dave and Rod, a great mix. Not overly distorted, a great classic rock & roll sound.
Now I have to find my old records.

SS901771

I was lucky enough to take lessons from Rod from 1999 until his death in 2005, I went to his house once a week. He was a super nice guy, and I still can't believe I got to play Fool for the City with him just sitting across the table from him. I played Dave's part, the first time he went into those solos, I stopped, my jaw hanging open. He smiled and said "you're not supposed to stop". He had a great sense of humor. The last years of his life he used Soldanos. He had a Hot Rod 30 (appropriate), and Mike built him a second HR 30 with 2x12s. When I saw Foghat in '77, he was using the Model T Billy mentioned.