• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

'Pete Green' Burst sold

Chef Greg

If someone has a place to post a HUGE photo I can email them the original Bijan sent me... my site won't allow more than 500kb, I gotta tell ya the detail is freakin' awesome.

:rolleyes too bad -- I know it was bigger in life...

Stumbler

It looks like it has HUGE frets. I assume it has been refretted, but can someone who played it pipe in on the fret size? Were they as big as they look in that detailed closeup?

Sparta

Man, I just consider this sale a small tragedy.

Gary Moore is my favorite all-time player and its painful to know this guitar is out of his hands.

Black58

Sparta said:

Gary Moore is my favorite all-time player and its painful to know this guitar is out of his hands.
I know I'm gonna take a dirt-nap some day when it's my time. I also KNOW that I'll be giving my stuff to my neice, nephew and future children. It'd be nice to see someone else enjoy it before I gotta go. They're all gonna be just fine. No worries. :)

lpnv59

All Access/Backstage Pass
Sparta said:

I saw it as small part of a big tragedy when it left Peters hands, and into Gary Moores. But thats all history now and I'm really happy for Phil who is a class act! :dude:

early60

Chef Greg said:
If someone has a place to post a HUGE photo I can email them the original Bijan sent me... my site won't allow more than 500kb, I gotta tell ya the detail is freakin' awesome.

:rolleyes too bad -- I know it was bigger in life...

Feel free to send it to burstlp@austin.rr.com. I think I can host it.

Bill Hicklin

I'm kinda surprised that nobody's list has mentioned Lucy, the wine-red '57 Sebastian-Derringer-Clapton-Harrison "Gently Weeping" guitar.

RickN

Bill Hicklin said:
I'm kinda surprised that nobody's list has mentioned Lucy, the wine-red '57 Sebastian-Derringer-Clapton-Harrison "Gently Weeping" guitar.
Probably because this thread is about a different guitar... :hmm

Black58

TW59 said:
The real tragedy was when Peter changed, in the old days.
Yeh, I heard that. Amen, once again. But, he's given us a LOT to remember. With photos, "aural" photos and his influence on our own playing, I can see his frame of mind at the time and I'm happy with this little bit that he's left us. After all, isn't "greed" one of those seven deadlies?

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
It isn't greed that makes me wish he did not have that change in his mental health.

Black58

I know. Definately a key factor in getting his ball rolling in the wrong direction, though. Bummer.

abalonevintage

I found this body shot of Greenie while going through some photos. :salude

Peter_green_les_paul_1959_burst_standard_peter_green_gary_moore_greey_greenie_small.jpg

Peter Green Les Paul. 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard. Gary Moore

QuirkyBurst

I've been meaning to ask this for some time now, and this seems like an appropriate thread. Will simply turning the neck PU around like that help to achieve the "out of phase" Green sound that is referred to frequently? Does it involve reversing the magnet also?

This has probably been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything in a forum search, and I know some of the folks here will know.

Wookie

All Access/Backstage Pass
It's been in discussed in great depth here before, most likely in the Tone area. But in short, it's just a magnet flip. Turn it over and you're done.