• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Real Feel R9's who's got one?

Kossoff_Fan

You assumed correct. I've had 2 different Realfeels. And thats what they came with.

Hey Billy,

Did you have a natural-topped Real Feel at one time? :XRE

I remember seeing a picture of it that you'd posted and thought it a bit Koss-esque, if you know what I mean (and I think you do!) :)

lpnv59

All Access/Backstage Pass
Yes Jim, I still have it but I refinished it.
normal_DSC00287.JPG

Beano Geno

This may have (probably has) been asked before, but I'm too old to do a search.:laugh2:

How do you guys like the Real Feel neck? A soft V sure would be comfortable to play.

Thanks!:salude

Marshallhead

This may have (probably has) been asked before, but I'm too old to do a search.:laugh2:

How do you guys like the Real Feel neck? A soft V sure would be comfortable to play.

Thanks!:salude

I love mine, IMHO, the best neck Gibson has EVER made. It's just right.:2zone :dude:

lpnv59

Boy, that IS nice. Did you do it yourself, or have it done for you?

Thanks! I did do it myself last week. But, I did it again because the gradation was too abrupt around the body. So yesterday I scraped it off and reshot it. I polished it out during downtime at the office today and just put it all back together for these pics.
normal_DSC00294~0.JPG

normal_DSC00293.JPG

Dr. Vintage sent me a new set of pickups to check out. These are his Dr. V Plus. Slightly hotter and its set up with the neck tone pot push/pull switch for in/out of phase. Thanks Rick.....I'll let you know how it all sounds after a few days.

jdawg

Did the Real Feel LPs come without a pickguard?

Joe

Last edited:

lpnv59

Did all or some of the Real Feel LPs come wihtout a pickguard?

Joe

My first, RF#14 came with guard off. It was supplied with the tags and case candy. I had to drill the holes. I can't say for sure, but I think my 2nd RF which was #4 came that same way as well.

55Custom

Did any of the Real Feel guitars have a stinger?

And was 2004 the only year they were made?

lpnv59

Did any of the Real Feel guitars have a stinger?

And was 2004 the only year they were made?

Both of the two Real Feels I have or had, #'s 4 & 14, came with later '03 serial numbers and neither had stingers. I don't really know if any RF's were made with stingers. But my impression is, they were two separate special runs for Music Machine when Dave Carpenter owned it. The best person to answer that then would be him, is you can manage to track him down.

Personally, I would love to know how many RF & Stingers guitars were made. And how many of each model exist(R9, R8, R7 etc.)